I never understood harmonica chords until I saw

again he says "Thankyou!!!!" Uke 5417

I've got heaps of the things lying around and a rack to hold em in. I drag them out occasionally when I'm strumming the guitar and whine away at it dylan style but really, have no idea what I'm doing. This is going to be a massive help. I always figure, you're only 1/2 a blow away from making thge right note! More often than not mine are stinkers - like my voice... I tend to sing in B flat most of the time...it's B awful! Cheers mate and happy days. eugene

you've inspired me to pick up a harp! $8 on amazon.
Don't waste your money. $8 harps are poorly made, the reeds get warped quickly, they are often out of tune and their reeds stick easily. You'll toss it away in a couple of months. They are to harmonicas what a $10 day-glo ukulele is to ukes. Read my harmonica reviews for more. I suggest you get something better like a Suzuki Bluesmaster or Folkmaster or a Seydel. Spend a few dollars more an be infinitely happier.

The Hohner Special 20 is a nice Harmonica if you want a step up. You will pay a bit more, but once I purchased one I noticed a huge difference from the cheap one I had been trying to learn with.

Get yourself a harmonica rack, so you can play it with your uke. Now we're talking some serious fun!

Oh, and do try a Lee Oskar harp. Those are some of the best. I also agree with a previous poster about the Suzuki harp. Another very nice product.

--Dave E.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money. $8 harps are poorly made, the reeds get warped quickly, they are often out of tune and their reeds stick easily. You'll toss it away in a couple of months. They are to harmonicas what a $10 day-glo ukulele is to ukes. Read my harmonica reviews for more. I suggest you get something better like a Suzuki Bluesmaster or Folkmaster or a Seydel. Spend a few dollars more an be infinitely happier.

Totally.

I like your review page, too!

this

within ten minutes I had the general shapes down and was howling along, having a blast.

There's nothing like basic information, well presented. No, "first we must learn the history and anatomy of the tongue" or any of that crap.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom