Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost my Dad.

Default Lost my Dad.

Hi All,

I lost my Dad July the 7th and it has really taken the wind out of the sails. He was my best friend my whole life. We talked daily to each other- sure miss the calls.
    On top of his loss my Mom is a severe diabetic and had to move in with us plus my neice lived with them so we are taking custody of her to boot. Its been tough sailing for a while now but thank goodness for my little Uke and music.
    I'm in the process of adding on a 1030 sq ft addition to the house for Mom including a formal dinning room for DW.
    Its starting got get better now and I'm actually having major progress on the orders that I'm behind on. Thank goodness everyone understands the situation I owe instruments.

Just though I would let you all know- Ill be back! Doug
    Last edited by nohandles; 08-29-2010 at 05:06 AM.
    Music is found in the spaces between the notes- in the silence between the chords. Get your spaces right, and you've got it. Albert Greenfield

I'm so sorry for your recent loss. I'm glad things are looking up and hopefully work themselves out.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Aloha Doug,
    My sincerest condolences to you for the recent loss of your dad....When my father passed away a few years back,
    the ukulele was there for me, and it help me distract the sadness and loss. It also filled in the void and brought
    some happiness back into my life. I hope it will do the same for you. With this tragedy, I hope it will bring your
    family closer and help your mom as much as possible as she needs you in this time..I commend you for steping up
    and doing the right thing with your mom and neice. I'm glad to hear things are getting better over the course of time...
    Take Care and God Bless....Hope to see you back soon!!!! MM Stan...

I've lost both of my parents... It what happens when one becomes middle-aged. My mother was in September 2008. Although we weren't really close, I'm still mildly grieving and believe it will take more time to process.

Take care,
    Craig

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your relationship with your dad. I speak at least once a day with my mom and she's my best friend. Sometimes I worry what I'll ever do when she's gone. I can't imagine the pain you're going through.

Take care. You're a good son, doing so much for your mom. I hope you find some comfort in your music, too.

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care.
    Ramon.
    Kala ka-st
    Big Island Ukulele BI-MXE-TRC

My condolances Doug. Hold on to those memories and cherish the time you ave left with your other love ones.

My sincere condolences, Doug. I still think of my father every day. Play the music he liked, it helps me a lot.

Doug, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you.

There's a little book I'd like to recommend, "How to Survive the Loss of a Love".

It's been a comfort to me many times over the years. I gave a copy to my mom when my dad died. We attended our uncle's funeral this last Thursday and I just sent a copy to our aunt, so it's fresh in my mind. Perhaps your local library has a copy.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My dad passed many years ago, when I was only twenty. Cherish the years you had together, and let fond memories be some comfort....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Thread Information