Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost my Dad.

Deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss. I know exactly what you're going thru. I lost my Dad 3 years ago, and my Mom 2 months before him. Dad was always my roll model, my hero, and especially my very best friend who never let me down, and was always there for me. I still miss him like crazy and forget that he is gone sometimes I think mainly because he's still alive in my heart, and in my memories. I had to move from Maui back to Oahu to become caretaker of the old homestead until my sis who lives on the mainland and is the majority shareholder of the estate decides to sell. This house has so many good memories so happy and sad at same time. Hang in there, it'll get better eventually.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

I ʻike lākou, ʻo ʻoe, ka mea wale nō nona ka inoa ʻo IĒHOVA;
    ʻO ʻoe nō ka Mea kiʻekiʻe loa ma luna o ka honua a pau.
    Nā Halelū 83:18

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost one parent and know that although it's something most will experience, it's none the easier to deal with.

Sorry to hear for your loss, sincerely. We've all experienced the loss of someone or something we love ; And every single time it happens, it hits us equally worse.. Take care.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. That is a good book though. I have read it a few times myself.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

I'm so sorry for your recent loss

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

sorry to hear about your Loss...

..... take it easy...

Thanks all for your kind words. Sometime like last night I believe he talks to me- although I know better. He was a great self made man and I will forever miss him.
    On a lighter note I get to have Mom's cooking again Yum,yum- stuffed peppers tonight and new green beans and taters and fresh corn tomorrow. Now to keep the weight down. LOL!
    Music is found in the spaces between the notes- in the silence between the chords. Get your spaces right, and you've got it. Albert Greenfield

My father reposed in 2001. He died at home and I was with him the night before his death and at the moment of his last breath. My mother reposed in 2005.

2 years ago I went with my wife to her mother's funeral in the Phillipines.

There is no easy way to lose our parents and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Even years later, you will still miss them. Everyone grieves in different ways. Allow yourself to grieve.

Eternal Memory.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Give yourself the time and space to grieve. It does get easier. I lost my father four years ago this July. There are times when I come across some new music or a book and I think, "I should buy this for my Dad's birthday." At first that brought sorrow. Now, it brings a feeling of comfort, that he's still a part of my life.

I heard Rosanne Cash talking about the loss of her father. She said that she had to renegotiate her relationship with him. That she still talks to him, but now, she gets to do most of the talking.

--G

Thread Information