Lost my Dad.

nohandles

Reaction score
Hi All,

I lost my Dad July the 7th and it has really taken the wind out of the sails. He was my best friend my whole life. We talked daily to each other- sure miss the calls.
On top of his loss my Mom is a severe diabetic and had to move in with us plus my neice lived with them so we are taking custody of her to boot. Its been tough sailing for a while now but thank goodness for my little Uke and music.
I'm in the process of adding on a 1030 sq ft addition to the house for Mom including a formal dinning room for DW.
Its starting got get better now and I'm actually having major progress on the orders that I'm behind on. Thank goodness everyone understands the situation I owe instruments.

Just though I would let you all know- Ill be back! Doug

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your recent loss. I'm glad things are looking up and hopefully work themselves out.

Aloha Doug,
My sincerest condolences to you for the recent loss of your dad....When my father passed away a few years back,
the ukulele was there for me, and it help me distract the sadness and loss. It also filled in the void and brought
some happiness back into my life. I hope it will do the same for you. With this tragedy, I hope it will bring your
family closer and help your mom as much as possible as she needs you in this time..I commend you for steping up
and doing the right thing with your mom and neice. I'm glad to hear things are getting better over the course of time...
Take Care and God Bless....Hope to see you back soon!!!! MM Stan...

I've lost both of my parents... It what happens when one becomes middle-aged. My mother was in September 2008. Although we weren't really close, I'm still mildly grieving and believe it will take more time to process.

Take care,
Craig

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your relationship with your dad. I speak at least once a day with my mom and she's my best friend. Sometimes I worry what I'll ever do when she's gone. I can't imagine the pain you're going through.

Take care. You're a good son, doing so much for your mom. :) I hope you find some comfort in your music, too.

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care.
Ramon.

Doug, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you.

There's a little book I'd like to recommend, "How to Survive the Loss of a Love".

It's been a comfort to me many times over the years. I gave a copy to my mom when my dad died. We attended our uncle's funeral this last Thursday and I just sent a copy to our aunt, so it's fresh in my mind. Perhaps your local library has a copy.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My dad passed many years ago, when I was only twenty. Cherish the years you had together, and let fond memories be some comfort....

Deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss. I know exactly what you're going thru. I lost my Dad 3 years ago, and my Mom 2 months before him. Dad was always my roll model, my hero, and especially my very best friend who never let me down, and was always there for me. I still miss him like crazy and forget that he is gone sometimes I think mainly because he's still alive in my heart, and in my memories. I had to move from Maui back to Oahu to become caretaker of the old homestead until my sis who lives on the mainland and is the majority shareholder of the estate decides to sell. This house has so many good memories so happy and sad at same time. Hang in there, it'll get better eventually.

Sorry to hear for your loss, sincerely. We've all experienced the loss of someone or something we love ; And every single time it happens, it hits us equally worse.. Take care.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. That is a good book though. I have read it a few times myself.

Thanks all for your kind words. Sometime like last night I believe he talks to me- although I know better. He was a great self made man and I will forever miss him.
On a lighter note I get to have Mom's cooking again Yum,yum- stuffed peppers tonight and new green beans and taters and fresh corn tomorrow. Now to keep the weight down. LOL!

My father reposed in 2001. He died at home and I was with him the night before his death and at the moment of his last breath. My mother reposed in 2005.

2 years ago I went with my wife to her mother's funeral in the Phillipines.

There is no easy way to lose our parents and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Even years later, you will still miss them. Everyone grieves in different ways. Allow yourself to grieve.

Eternal Memory.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Give yourself the time and space to grieve. It does get easier. I lost my father four years ago this July. There are times when I come across some new music or a book and I think, "I should buy this for my Dad's birthday." At first that brought sorrow. Now, it brings a feeling of comfort, that he's still a part of my life.

I heard Rosanne Cash talking about the loss of her father. She said that she had to renegotiate her relationship with him. That she still talks to him, but now, she gets to do most of the talking.

--G

Top Bottom