Lost my Dad.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I've been writing a new song called Oh Dad. I just finished ut up by Lake Erie this morning. Its works great on Uke and even as a bluegrass song. Somehow it makes me feel better when I sing it and think of all the good times me and dad had together.
I'll try to get a video up sometime. Its for all who have lost their folks.

I've been writing a new song called Oh Dad. I just finished ut up by Lake Erie this morning. Its works great on Uke and even as a bluegrass song. Somehow it makes me feel better when I sing it and think of all the good times me and dad had together.
I'll try to get a video up sometime. Its for all who have lost their folks.

If it's as good or better than Steve Goodman's "My Old Man" you've got a winner. Do not listen to "My Old Man" while drinking.

Doug, we're with ya on this one big time.

Here's a link to Steve Goodman's "My Old Man."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW7xR7WkyTU

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost both my parents when I was 2. 51 years later I still miss them. I hope everyday becomes a little easier for you.

I lost my mother less than a year ago and I have gone through several states of mild insanity but it is getting better
it is natural for us to lose out parents as they age but that does not ever make it easy and for me it felt like i was the only one to ever had to go through this
it is very sad take it one day at a time

My sincere condolences, Doug. I still think of my father every day. Play the music he liked, it helps me a lot.

Same here Doug.....I still think of my Dad and all of the GREAT times we had together. That always puts a smile on my face!!
God Bless!

I'm a bluegrass player that carries and upright bass and Ukulele at the festivals so I played Oh Dad at the jam last night. It was a hit and not a dry eye in the camp.
It was recorded so once I get a copy I'll post it.

Again thanks all for you're kind word and prayers. Doug

I immediately felt empathy for you upon reading this. I'm so sorry. I lost my 85 year old dad last year April and I still feel a lot of sadness at times. He and my mother were married 65 years and I know this year has been an adjustment for her as well. I'm happy to hear you remain musically inspired. Sometimes that is the best medicine. Take care of yourself and your family and please stay connected here at UU.

I am so sorry for your loss Doug.
I lost my dad to cancer in 2003. I've always kind of looked like him when we were the same age: When I see pictures of him in his 20's, it looked like me in my 20's, for example. Recently, as I become more grey and my hair thins out, I see him looking back at me from the mirror when I am shaving, and it's kind of nice. I miss him.

Earlier this year my wife lost her dad, so I am kind of going through this all over again. It's never easy. All we can do is cherish the time we have with family, and keep everyone close, which it looks like you and your family are doing.

Top Bottom