how cool is this amp!

raecarter

Reaction score
Last edited:
doesn't show up on that link.

Ironically I play so much acoustic I can't find a lead but i put in a cherub clip on and its surprisingly loud i'll get back to you on sound when I get my misi pickup ordered and fitted. It looks amazing and has tone volume overdrive and a guitar tuner!

I have a little fender mini they are much louder and sound much better than what you think. Good for practicing in your room but thats about it.

That thing is dripping with cool!

I like the look of that amp.

I heard good things about Vox Mini 3 and I think that looks like one.

Keen! I've got an Epiphone mini that came with a guitar, but I'd love to justify getting an orange crush.

Orange Mini-Crush

I have one of those mini amps. Though I don't have the means for hooking it up to any of my ukes, it does serve well with my Martin D-35's Bagg's 2-way PU system. Sounds awesome when I play slide guitar. The blend between acoustic and rasty electric reminds me of something from either Exile on Mainstreet or Let It Bleed.

--Dave E.

These mini amps are great, I have a Roland Micro cube, it has 6 amp models built in plus , chorus, flanger, phaser and tremelo effects and delay and reverb. It's only a 2 watt amp but these small amps really can pack a punch. It can also run on batteries should I decide to go busking ( yeah that's gonna happen ). I also have a digitech multi pedal board with a wah pedal that really allows you to play around with different effects on the Uke. Another sure fire way of putting a smile on my face.

Attachments

• cube 1.jpg
    cube 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
  • cube 2.jpg
    cube 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
I think this one might be overkill though....but I am still gonna try it....this is my sons 30 watt Hayden MoFo amp, 3 pre amp valves, 4 power amp valves and an orange cab with a 12 inch cone.....this thing is really really loud....he has been playing on the 2 watt setting that the amp has to allow practice. On about one third volume you cannot hear anything other than his guitar filling the house. He has a gig next week so will be able to put it into 30 watt mode for the first time. Earplugs all round I think.

Attachments

• MOFO.jpg
    MOFO.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 7
Good on you raecarter, not only are Orange great amps, but they are British. ( well most of them )

It looks really cool, and if you want to get wild I'll bet it does the trick.
I like my microcube for both the acoustic and the electric settings. fun stuff!
(mine is red. oh yeah, I'm hot)

I bought a cable and tried it with my acoustic guitar which has a pre amp and it sounds surprisingly good with the tone up. Now need a misi in my mainland tenor and the fun will begin!

Top Bottom