I feel like a Bull in a China Shop

Timbuck

Reaction score
holy...!

there's some pretty nice work in that site! thx for the link!

In 1976 I saw Michael Sprake do a lute rose in 2 hours using a dental burr and drill. This guy was a legend in the early instrument making scene. He left the UK in the 80's to live on a commune in california...

Aloha Timbuck,
Thanks for sharing, it's amazing how good their craftsmanship and skills they have....Would you
wannt spend some time watching and learning from them...I'm sure you could apply some of
their details to the ukulele....MM Stan...

WOW That's just crazy, I don't think I could ever develop the patience to be that intricate. I wonder how intricate modern lasers could come to this.
Taco1.jpg

Thank you so much Timbuck, for these references. Holy smokes that five course baroque, striped ebony and white holly guitar is sexier than a lizard in heat. My want... *salivating*.
I've been looking forever for a reference for making parchment rosettes. --I guess the time is right for me to have that information.
You da man Timbuck!

Notice how he builds those beautiful instruments and then sets them face down on the pavement for the photos!!!!

I know, right!!! I was like, NOooooooooo! I'm sure it's polished stone.... but still.

Go too it Vic..How about making one with a Xmas theme? with six tiers of snow flake shapes and a fir tree growing up the centre with a star on top.:cool:

That would be beautiful... at art college an instructor teased me because I did such elaborate tiny thumbnail sketches. I think I might be able to pull that off.

Top Bottom