Canadian Singer - Songwriter Contest

Good job Country Mouse,
I figure that both Gordon and Judy would be proud of that.
Good luck.

Here is my first ever entry to a contest here on Ukulele Underground. I did a lot of searching before I chose a song. I watched Ronin's videos, and googled Canadian singer/song writers. After double checking that Coolio is in fact not a Canadian, sorry, inside joke ;), I chose Organized Ryhme and "Check the O.R.". They were a hip hop group from Toronto led by Tom Green, (yes, that Tom Green) before he got famous. I took the song and made it my own so I recommend going to youtube and watching the original Organized Ryhme version. By the way, all of the percussion and background sounds were created on the ukulele. I hope you enjoy, wish me luck, would be nice to have a new Canada toque just in time for winter.

Here is my first ever entry to a contest here on Ukulele Underground. I did a lot of searching before I chose a song. I watched Ronin's videos, and googled Canadian singer/song writers. After double checking that Coolio is in fact not a Canadian, sorry, inside joke ;), I chose Organized Ryhme and "Check the O.R.". They were a hip hop group from Toronto led by Tom Green, (yes, that Tom Green) before he got famous. I took the song and made it my own so I recommend going to youtube and watching the original Organized Ryhme version. By the way, all of the percussion and background sounds were created on the ukulele. I hope you enjoy, wish me luck, would be nice to have a new Canada toque just in time for winter.

Thanks for your entry! Lots of fun.

Okay I'm entered. I really don't like making videos but there you go Ronin. I only did one take, I hope you like it and thanks for holding the contest.

I was gonna wait till Canadian Thanksgiving to post my video.. but, as I see that would put it past deadline, I guess Id better get on it this weeend :)

JT

I've been kicking this idea around for a couple of months, and this contest gave me an excuse to actually do it. It is either a really cool idea, or an incredibly stupid idea. Or possibly both!
So what could be more Canadian than Rush? Neil Young COVERING Rush, of course!

Last edited:
Canadian Singer Songwriter Contest Entry

Hi, Here's my entry for the Canadian singer songwriter contest - Pop Goes the World by Men Without Hats. I'm sorry I couldn't really do it justice - it really makes for a wonderful ukuelele song:

haha. I cannot believe how poorly I perform when on camera.

oh well. Here goes.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful entries. I'm currently still in SoCal but I will be returning home tomorrow. Looking forward to going through everyone's entries once I get back home!!

Not trying to be last minute, but this week has been nuts and I have worked every night and did not have time to be home to work on it. And I like to involve the kids since I have been busy lately... so we put a little something together for ya!

Me and my Minions:

Maybe I shouldn't say this since I am competing against you, but I can't help saying, "awsome song choice" to luschen for "Pop Goes The World", once again, AWSOME choice of songs. good luck

Top Bottom