Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ball end nylon strings

I did not know there were eyeglass frames that used nylon line. (Learn something new every day!)

I would imagine a company named Ernie Ball would be remiss if they didn't carry ball-end strings.

I'm currently using beads that are neither plastic, nor glass, nor metal on my Tiny Tenor. I found some in my collection from years gone by of mineral beads that were the right size and had holes just the right diameter. I think they're all in the quartz family, so I'm hoping they're pretty durable.

bratsche
    A bunch of stringed instruments tuned in fifths. And a bunch of cats!

"There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    I put a set on my Kiwaya KTC-1..... not that it needed to be warmer or more mellow in tone, but I wanted to try them and the KTC-1 needed new strings.
    It took a few days for them to settle in, but I kinda like them now.
    So you didn't have any intonation problems on the KTC-1 switching to the thicker nylon gauge, or did you adjust the nut for them?
    Ukuleles:
    1960's Martin Style-0
    LoPrinzi Concert (Redwood & Mahogany)
    Fred Shields Style-0 Replica
    Kala Elite 1MHG-S
    Ohana SK-25S
    Kala Elite 1KOA-T << Letting this one go soon. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCurt View Post
    So you didn't have any intonation problems on the KTC-1 switching to the thicker nylon gauge, or did you adjust the nut for them?
    Nothing more than the typical... C string off a hair when fretted at 12th, but it sounds fine
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

... and nothing was done to the nut to accommodate the wider strings - they fit right into the existing slots.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Thread Information