Thread: Kamaka 8 string Baritone

Default Kamaka 8 string Baritone

Craigslist Hawaii has one for sale, pictures included in the ad.
    I've never heard of these instruments. I'd appreciate any information on them, and any info on the 8 string baritone as well.

Cheers!
    cletus

Kamaka is a VERY respected uke, as you will learn from a variety of folks here on the forum. As to the 8-string Baritone, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that; but, being Kamaka, I would expect it to be excellent. Do a search for Kamaka and see what it turns up here in the forum.
    . . . and justice for all.

Quote Originally Posted by shrink9 View Post
    Kamaka is a VERY respected uke, as you will learn from a variety of folks here on the forum. As to the 8-string Baritone, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that; but, being Kamaka, I would expect it to be excellent. Do a search for Kamaka and see what it turns up here in the forum.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!
    cletus

I see a Kamaka baritone listed in your sig....did you already buy it? Or is that a different one?
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I see a Kamaka baritone listed in your sig....did you already buy it? Or is that a different one?
    I've had that one for a while, and I think it's sweet tuned gCEA.

I've never heard of an 8 string baritone before, but since it's Kamaka I was wondering if anybody knew if it was a special edition.
    cletus

Aloha Cletus,
    They have been around for some time and standard...I've seen a couple in the pawn shops (white labels)going for
    about $600.00....and up!! I had a 1970's white label Kamaka baritone too....MM Stan...

Yes being Kamaka, it has to be good!!! I would love to hear how it sounds. Maybe check out you tube for a video.
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Thread Information