Video Camera

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I want to buy a decent video camera. Here is what I do. I hook up my ZooM h2 to the mixer and then I merge the sound with the video. I don't really care about the sound quality of the camera. I have a cheap flip knock of that is the pits, I got for free and I also have a Kodak camera that takes good video but saves it in .mov format. I have yet to been able to convert that to anything else without it being jerky and stuff, plus it is SD card memory intensive. So I don't want a camera that saves in .mov format.

What is a decent video camera with decent battery life I can put out in front of the stage to video our goofy butts? Oh Yes I'd like to spend less than $125 if possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I looked at the Q3 but I record off of the mixer and it doesn't have a line in. Looks great for recording "live" sound.

Last edited:
Update

I've been researching this since I posted it. I bought a sanyo TI something or other, it would only record 12 minutes in HD at a time 24 mionin VGA, brought it back. It was so new there was no manual at the sanyo site so I had to buy it to read the CD mnanual.

I am going to look at the cannon line next. Flip and such seem so expensive for what you get, fixed lens and stuff. My problem is I want to record an entire show, at least 1 hour sets. I was looking at JVC but they don't have a windows movie maker compatible format. Yes you can convert but a 1 hour set takes about an hour to convert on my laptop. YUCK! It's time consuming enough to mix the video with the Zoom Wav. I was able to find a decent Mov converter though.

iWisoft Free Video Converter
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-audio-video-format-conversion-program.htm#iwisoft

If only my old Kodak P850 would take larger card than 2 GB I'd just use it.

Zoom Q3 has the best audio around and video is worthy for youtube. It does eat batteries but I use rechargable AAs so not bad. With a mac the conversion to CD or DVD is easy enough that even I can manage. Position Zoom near to stage and use a tripod to avoid shaking video.
Using the Zoom I have made concert recordings and made CD to improve our little group.
Good luck from Trailrider

Top Bottom