In My Life

Ukesista

Reaction score
Here's just a short section of this ukulele solo. Some of the stretches on this I found difficult, especially when moving quickly between the chords and picking the notes. Didn't quite manage to get that last bit smooth, hope you all enjoy watching anyway :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaddleSoreSista1

Last edited:
Yes, that was great! That's a really difficult one to play, and you did really well with it. You inspire me when I see how far you've come in such a short time. Looking forward to seeing more!!:music:

Thanks so much, it really does motivate me to keep progressing. I also learn so much from watching other players such as yourself. There's always a different way of picking or the way someone plays a 'hammer on' thats different to the way I play, so I'm really enjoying all the videos that are posted.

Hey Grappler thanks, it might look like I learn a song and then post a video, but actually I've been practicing all these solo's for quite some time.

well.. im very impressed.. i tend to play not at the right tempo.. you play with perfect timing. how long have you been playing for??

well.. im very impressed.. i tend to play not at the right tempo.. you play with perfect timing. how long have you been playing for??

Hey Grappler thanks for that. I started playing around February March this year. But remember I had a guitar for a long time and I so I'm used to keeping time, and picking and chord formations. But I've never played anything like solo's that I'm playing on the uke.

You know.... I've saved a copy of your version of 'Something', because I really liked the way you played yours. Your hammer ons, and the little run of notes on the A string you did was excellent. I wanted to practice that and add some differences to my version :)

Hey Grappler thanks for that. I started playing around February March this year. But remember I had a guitar for a long time and I so I'm used to keeping time, and picking and chord formations. But I've never played anything like solo's that I'm playing on the uke.

You know.... I've saved a copy of your version of 'Something', because I really liked the way you played yours. Your hammer ons, and the little run of notes on the A string you did was excellent. I wanted to practice that and add some differences to my version :)

OMG!! since Feb?? it shows that i need to practise WAYYYYYYYYYYY heappsss moree.. but i love the way u play.. very calm.. it comes all natural. I love it. I got to hand it to you.
so how long you been playing guitar for then??
Are you playing at the open mic??

Not playing at at the open mic, don't have a webcam or microphone but maybe next time. I am definitely watching though so hope to see you play.

I have been around musical instruments, bass, acoustic, electric, drums etc for around ten years. That was a while ago now, as I stopped playing and got interested in other things.

When I first got my uke, I played for hours on end. In fact I aggravated a tendon or nerve up near my elbow and had to stop playing. I play almost every day, but sometimes get a bit frustrated and give it a rest. I am very patient thats true, I will practice some sections over and over for ages, until I can play it well.

When I first got my uke, I played for hours on end. In fact I aggravated a tendon or nerve up near my elbow and had to stop playing.

i had the same issue.. but my nerves on my fingers on my left hand were damage. Its a syndrome called Carpel Tunnel. But was on heavy Antibiotics for 2 months. it really helped. is everything ok with your elbow/nerves now?

Yep, I think mine must not have been as bad as yours, I didn't have any antibiotics to take. I just stopped playing for a good week maybe two, and now it's ok.

Top Bottom