Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Happy Uke Day!

Smile Oh Happy Uke Day!

Well i had been humming and hahing about a new zebrawood uke for months, I only wanted one cos I thought they were pretty. Having read posts from other members of UU, I was fairly confident that they sounded nice. So there I was two Saturdays ago, sitting in the cold office of my saturday job, cos the heating was not working as the boss was in Greece, and no one was brave enough to authorise the plumber to fix the damn thing, feeling sorry for myself. So checking the site of a ukulele dealer in the US, which I had been oogling for months thinking I want a zebrawood uke, when lo and behold was a uke deal on a zebrawood uke described as wild spirit as it had irregular grain patterns. So I hummed and hahed a bit more then thought, crikey, I'm just gonna do it cos it really looks nice and unusual, just what I am after, and I pulled the paypal trigger and started the loooong wait for it to arrive.

Which it did.

Today

And I am mighty pleased, so I am sharing the opening with you, lol.

Last edited by GreatGazukes; 09-27-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Hippie Dribble Guest

great gazukes!!!!!you must have opened it by now....

Cool

Get me a knife, gotta cut through all this tape

Arrgh, more packaging

Phew, it's the right brand, OH WHATS IT LOOK LIKE

RIP, PULL, Gnash teeth, bubble wrap you're in my way....move it

Gurgle

Cheers, Tony

MMMMMM purty!!

GROOVY COOL

Thanks for bearing with me whilst I engaged in this boring piece of self indulgence, but I'm a hoping this will be my final uke, I think we may grow old together!!!,,, and she sings like a bird, very nice tone

Cheers, Tony

Oh, zowie! That looks amazing. I'm actually a little envious :-)
    Good on ya!

Hippie Dribble Guest

nice choice Tony...very,very pretty indeed mate.

Don't apologise for the self indulgence...as I scrolled down through the pictures I was getting a little nervous with anticipation and anxiety myself....was just like that music in those old movies with the gal tied to the tracks with the train a-comin....about to reach for the angina pill when....WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!

Well done mate. Lovely uke and thanks for the suspense...Hitchcock himself could not have done it better. cheers, eugene

Did you happen to get it from elderly? Cuz i wanted to get the one from elderly :/
    The ukulele will one day take over the world.

Well, it's now 100% Wixom ukuleles.

Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    But here's my youtube,
    so visit maybe?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidson?feature=mhee

I surprised myself with the angsty feeling I was having, I think I know what junkies feel like. I was a trifle dubious about felling precious timber for my own amusement, but if it lasts the distance, then I suppose I can releive myself of some guilt. I truly hope this will be my last uke, I am really not a player who would do credit to a one of the K brands, and I am not likely to want to go larger size. It would be nice to have a uke with some age and wear marks so.......I will settle with this one and enjoy. It really has a lovely tone, bassy and bright.

Thanks for your good wishes.

You shoulda played striptease music to that unboxing.

She is a fiesty one!! raaaawwwwrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxy View Post
    Did you happen to get it from elderly? Cuz i wanted to get the one from elderly :/
    No UkuleleWorld, this is the 2nd one from them, I was checking their specials fairly regularly, they seem to get some interesting specials and short product runs, but if you miss out they're gone.. they had some nice willow ohana's for a moment a while ago, but I hadnt read anything that would have induced me to buy willow

UkuleleWorld

Thread Information