Thread: Concert scale 6 string?

Default Concert scale 6 string?

Someday, not right away, I'd like to buy a concert scale 6 string. Who makes such a critter? I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a custom, so I'd prefer a production uke. Mid-range in price is about my speed....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Oscar Schmidt.

I don't know about quality, but it's cheap enough you can play with it.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Aloha Skitzic,
    That was fast...how did you hear about it...My favorite uke is the OS-2 ...gotta look into this for the price....did you try one yet?? MM Stan...

Mele Ukulele has some nice ones. Not cheap, more mid-range, but really nice. I played one in person at their store in Maui. I was impressed, and very tempted to buy. I am more of a picker than a strummer, so I resisted.
    http://www.meleukulele.com/
    –Lori

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzic View Post
    Oscar Schmidt.

I don't know about quality, but it's cheap enough you can play with it.
    Wow.... That is cheap....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Mele Ukulele has some nice ones. Not cheap, more mid-range, but really nice. I played one in person at their store in Maui. I was impressed, and very tempted to buy. I am more of a picker than a strummer, so I resisted.
    http://www.meleukulele.com/
    –Lori
    I gave them a look, Lori, but didn't find any 6 strings in concert scale....

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I gave them a look, Lori, but didn't find any 6 strings in concert scale....
    It's a menu option on their Mahogany Concert (adds $60 to $299 base price). Try this link and scroll down to the second listing. There is another one further down the page-listing #7. I think they had a koa version too, but it was more expensive. I personally preferred the sound of the mahogany by just a little bit.
    http://www.meleukulele.com/shopdispl...2C+traditional

–Lori
    Last edited by Lori; 09-28-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks, Lori....I see it now. Oooohhhh....ebony fretboard! I wish they offered more data. I can't tell what the binding is, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Thanks, Lori....I see it now. Oooohhhh....ebony fretboard! I wish they offered more data. I can't tell what the binding is, etc.
    I got a Mele tenor 6 string Don. The binding is some kind of wood. Call them up and talk to Cheryl and tell her I referred you. I almost bought a 6string concert but cheryl talked me into a tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by mm stan View Post
    Aloha Skitzic,
    That was fast...how did you hear about it...My favorite uke is the OS-2 ...gotta look into this for the price....did you try one yet?? MM Stan...
    I stumbled on it when I was researching 8 strings. I haven't tried it, but I may at some point...when I have 80 bucks to drop on an experiment.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Thread Information