Mama passed on today

CountryMouse

Reaction score
My sister phoned me about 5 hours ago to let me know Mama had passed on. She was elderly (91), in a nursing home (a nice one), but not doing well. But we thought she would recover from her current problems, and there was still time left. My sister and I had just been talking earlier today about possible arrangements and such down the road. We had no idea it would be so soon. But Mama did have a very peaceful passing.

So in case you don't hear from me or stuff like that, I'm just kind-of numb at present. I don't think there's much I'll be needed to do, as I'm in Ohio, my sister is out in Oregon, and Mama was/is in Florida (where she'll be buried). Just trying to deal.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you-all know.

CountryMouse

Hi Mouse.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You know I was just sitting here twiddling away at some Woody Guthri/ Traditional songs, thinking about my Grandfather who past a few years ago. I thought he was long gone, but I know he is locked in all of this music we shared.

Hang in there.

Very sorry to hear about that. Thank you for letting us know.
I just went through the same thing a couple months back. I think the word "numb" pretty well covers it.

Hang in there

My many sympathies.

May you have many fond memories to help you through.
And maybe a song for your mama.

So sorry for your loss (((hugs))).

My sincerest condolences on your recent loss . . .

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

So very sorry for your loss. Music is a good way of channeling emotion, and it might make you feel a little better. Also, if you try and learn something challenging, you might get enough distraction to escape the grief for a short while.

–Lori

My deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss. I guess I was fortunate that I was there when I mom passed, I was holding her my arms and she gave me her last smile right before she breathed her last breath. We knew a month in advance that she would not last more than a month. There was a point when she as so alert and cognoscente that we thought the doctors were wrong. She passed almost to the day that doctors said she would. I knew but had a hard time accepting it until the end.
Our moms live on in our memories, and in our hearts. Prayers for strength on the way.

so sorry Mouse, hang in there, we love you!

Aloha Country Mouse,
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I am sorry that you did not have the oppertunity to share her last moments
with her. My father passed away about three years ago, and it was very difficult for me. He used to play the ukulele too, and
while cleaning his room found his old music books. I asked my cousin to play at his funeral and it was so nice that I was competely
stunned how beautiful it was at his service. Several months later I decided to pick up the ukulele again and music helped me fill that void
and get me through the rough times of greiving..I hope it will work for you as well. Take Care and God Bless!!! and I hope to
see you back soon.. MM Stan

hi CountryMouse

very sad to hear of your mum's passing...and very brave of you to share such an intimate thing with the community.

I'm an only child and both my parents are still alive, though both nearly approaching 80. Dad seems to keep on keeping on but I worry for my own mum as her physical and mental health deteriortates. I guess reading of your personal sadness encourages us to make the most of our time with our families and friends, as one never is to know when we may be without them.

I pray that through your time of grieving you will come to a place of acceptance and healing, and that your memories of your mum will continue to sustain you and bring you comfort as you grow older without her.

But in the meantime, stay close to those who love you...and you know there will be support here from many caring people.

Blessings and prayers to you CountryMouse. eugene

my mom passed away about this time last year and I have gone through many stages of recovery and i still am
I am so sorry to hear about your loss it will get easyer with time

Sorry for your loss, CountryMouse. I still have all my parents and stepparents, so I can't imagine what it must be like to lose one. I'd imagine that it's not really any easier even when you know it's coming. Hang in there!

JJ

It took about 3 years to get over my mom passing. SHe was truly a lovely woman as I'm sure yours was.

Nothing says warmth more than mom.

The fact of the matter is you can still have your mom so long as you give love to the people you love. Love them in honor of your mom. It will feel better than isolating.

Top Bottom