Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mama passed on today

Default Mama passed on today

My sister phoned me about 5 hours ago to let me know Mama had passed on. She was elderly (91), in a nursing home (a nice one), but not doing well. But we thought she would recover from her current problems, and there was still time left. My sister and I had just been talking earlier today about possible arrangements and such down the road. We had no idea it would be so soon. But Mama did have a very peaceful passing.

So in case you don't hear from me or stuff like that, I'm just kind-of numb at present. I don't think there's much I'll be needed to do, as I'm in Ohio, my sister is out in Oregon, and Mama was/is in Florida (where she'll be buried). Just trying to deal.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you-all know.

CountryMouse
    Flukes: Island Design custom; Red Cowboy | Fleas: Denim concert; Grape soprano | Enterline CBU #7
    Lanikais: LB6-S banjolele; LU-21 | Eleuke Mahogany | aNueNue U900 pineapple | Luna Great Wave pineapple
    Kalas: Purple Paisley Ukadelic; Watermelon | Red Hilo soprano | Dolphins: Pearl White; Pink Burst; Green Burst;
    Blue Metallic | Mahalos: Blue Tr Fruit; Smiley Face; Hearts; Black Les Paul | Tom Pocket Uke | Plastic: Woodi; TV Pal

Twitter | Blog | Facebook | YouTube | YouTube Too

Hi Mouse.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You know I was just sitting here twiddling away at some Woody Guthri/ Traditional songs, thinking about my Grandfather who past a few years ago. I thought he was long gone, but I know he is locked in all of this music we shared.

Hang in there.
    Leolani Zebrawood Concert
    Kala Acacia Tenor w/ MiSi pickup

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

Very sorry to hear about that. Thank you for letting us know.
    I just went through the same thing a couple months back. I think the word "numb" pretty well covers it.

Hang in there
    Bobj
    in Chiba, Japan
    Kala Flame Mahogany Concert
    3 y.o. daughter has a Pink Makala Dolphin named "Princess."

My many sympathies.

May you have many fond memories to help you through.
    And maybe a song for your mama.
    Hard times have hit - selling most everything - just guitars left now...
    Larrivee hogtop Parlor Guitar with 24" scale
    Larrivee 00-03R rosewood and spruce Guitar with 24-3/4" short scale
    Eastman AC512 mahogany and engelmann spruce Guitar with 25" short scale

All are solid wood isntruments.
    All come with original hardshell cases, all have 1-3/4" nuts with a 2-3/16" string spread at the saddle.
    All come from a smoke-free house - let me know if you're interested!

So sorry for your loss (((hugs))).
    Lanikai LU-21 CE in black (aka Johnny Cash) * Washburn High School Musical-edition concert * Flaming concert Fluke * Ohana SK-22Z soprano * Mahalo U-30 soprano (first uke)

Is it not strange that sheeps' guts should hale souls out of men's bodies? - Benedick, Much Ado About Nothing

My sincerest condolences on your recent loss . . .

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1. Those who need closure.

ca. 1923-'27 Martin Style 3M, ca. 1927-'28 Martin Style 2M, 1950s Martin Style 1M, ca. 1930 Gibson Uke 3, Kiwaya KTS-7, Mainland Gloss Mahogany Soprano, Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Soprano, Mainland Maple Soprano Banjo Uke, Flea Soprano, Maccaferri Islander Soprano and Baritone, et al...
    My paltry Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/ukecycle

So very sorry for your loss. Music is a good way of channeling emotion, and it might make you feel a little better. Also, if you try and learn something challenging, you might get enough distraction to escape the grief for a short while.

–Lori

My deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss. I guess I was fortunate that I was there when I mom passed, I was holding her my arms and she gave me her last smile right before she breathed her last breath. We knew a month in advance that she would not last more than a month. There was a point when she as so alert and cognoscente that we thought the doctors were wrong. She passed almost to the day that doctors said she would. I knew but had a hard time accepting it until the end.
    Our moms live on in our memories, and in our hearts. Prayers for strength on the way.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

I ʻike lākou, ʻo ʻoe, ka mea wale nō nona ka inoa ʻo IĒHOVA;
    ʻO ʻoe nō ka Mea kiʻekiʻe loa ma luna o ka honua a pau.
    Nā Halelū 83:18

Thread Information