Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Every Day Carry: What's in your pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_e View Post
    I keep a large empty jerky can and drop the days change in it every day. At the end of 3 months I lug it to the coin machine and walk out with an average of 60-70 dollars.
    Ernest
    But if I did that, I would have to do all that work, and I would not net a dime, because the change fairy would simply withdraw more money from the joint account when she needed it.

This is what I carry on myself most days, 'cept the watch goes on my wrist and not in my pockets.
    Ernest
    Nice to see a cigar smoker here. I'm a pipe man myself, but I've been known to enjoy the occasional cigar.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1. Those who need closure.

ca. 1923-'27 Martin Style 3M, ca. 1927-'28 Martin Style 2M, 1950s Martin Style 1M, ca. 1930 Gibson Uke 3, Kiwaya KTS-7, Mainland Gloss Mahogany Soprano, Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Soprano, Mainland Maple Soprano Banjo Uke, Flea Soprano, Maccaferri Islander Soprano and Baritone, et al...
    My paltry Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/ukecycle

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Aloha View Post
    Watch: Rolex (on my wrist, not my pocket)
    Phone: Droid
    Wallet: Coach
    Sunglasses: Maui Jim or Oakley handing from shirt collar or on top of head.
    Car keys.

Not much else for me. I used to carry a Leatherman Micro but it weighed too much if I wore dress slacks or suits. Also, I had two of them confiscated on separate occasions at airport security when I forgot to take them off the keychain. I just keep a full sized Leatherman in the car now.
    I carried a leatherman Micra for several years too until I switched to the Squirt. I'll admit that the keys etc do weigh a bit in dress slacks, but it's worth the weight to me, since I'm so glad to have it when I do need it. I'd take other stuff off my keys before the Leatherman. And haha, when I fly, I only take my wallet, phone, and watch. Everything else gets checked. Guarantee that TSA guys take stuff from the confiscated items box.

Its too bad the man-purse never caught on.

I keep a large empty jerky can and drop the days change in it every day. At the end of 3 months I lug it to the coin machine and walk out with an average of 60-70 dollars.
    Ernest
    I carry the squeeze-to-open plastic change holder, as previously mentioned. If it starts to get heavy or full, I remove all but the quarters. The pennies go into a large plastic jug on the floor in my room. It must be about five gallons in capacity, and is nearly full. Why I haven't taken them in to exchange them is beyond me. The dimes and nickels go into a metal coin bank on the piano. I raid the bank and wrap them right before every vacation, then I take the wrapped coins to the bank and get "pocket money". Both my wife and I follow this regimen, and the dimes and nickels really build up. If I accumulate more quarters than I want to carry, I just spend some....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Quote Originally Posted by SweetWaterBlue View Post
    I'm happy it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I raid the bank and wrap them right before every vacation, then I take the wrapped coins to the bank and get "pocket money". Both my wife and I follow this regimen, and the dimes and nickels really build up. If I accumulate more quarters than I want to carry, I just spend some....
    That's a much better way to deal with the coins than coinstar. I dont remember what coinstar charges, but it's steep. Something like seven cents on the dollar. Especially for quarters, where you can easily make $10 rolls, and get the sleeves from the bank for free, I always found coinstar to be a huge ripoff.

My pipe lighter and tamper. Love a good pipe in my mouth and a Ukulele in my hand.
    Music is found in the spaces between the notes- in the silence between the chords. Get your spaces right, and you've got it. Albert Greenfield

Quote Originally Posted by SweetWaterBlue View Post
    I'll carry a green canvas Diesel bag at times. I picked it 'cause it looks like the gasmask bags of WWI. I'll carry a camera, book(s) and a sammich/ or snacks. If I carry my man-purse, I'll throw in my pocket notebook, pen and reading glasses.
    I will usually carry my man-purse if I have court duty, jury duty, have to work in another office that day or simply go on walkabout throughout town.
    I like my canvas bag but may upgrade if I find a leather bag like the one Tom Cruise carried in the movie, "Valkyrie". The one he used to try and blow up Hitler.
    Ernest
    Last edited by Big_e; 10-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Chiun: It would be better for you to eat this can than what is inside of it. Why must everything in this country be coated with monositi-... monosoti...
    Remo Williams: Monosodium glutamate. You can't even say it.
    Chiun: I can say "rat droppings." That does not mean I want to eat them.

Wallet: Gucci Wallet- Simple black wallet. Great quality. Have bandaids, guitar pics, fresnel lens (for starting fires) and an tiny 8GB flash drive in it.

What? no rubber thingy...and you think you are prepared....
    My News is Blues!
    www.dtfbmusic.com
    www.youtube.com/DTFBMusic
    http://musicandjewelry.com

Kala KA-JTE/2TS Jazz archtop electric tenor
    Kala KA-PSS pineapple soprano
    Several custom made tenors and a baritone

I get my large circumference from too much pi.

Thread Information