i am a horrible singer...........

If you want to talk 'technically' then I too am a 'bad singer'.
BUT..... all the previous tips on this thread are good;find your
range,what you are comfortable with,and give it all you got!
I have the range of George Harrison,which he himself once said
was 'about an octave and a bit' and I get by.The main thing is
to enjoy what you're doing,right? And give it some welly!

maybe Im a terrible singer...but I dont care hahahahaha :rofl:

I think not caring is the key. I hate to hear myself sing, I can not even listen to the stuff I do with vocals. If I try not to be too self conscious about it while I am singing sometimes the results are less horrible, sometimes more. A couple of beers helps with the self conscious part! I also try to think of all the people who make a living singing who do not have nice singing voices, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits are two of my favorite artists and no one could accuse either one of having a pretty voice!!

well it might just be the quality of the mic, try getting a condenser mic for cheap. or maybe u can try singing in the restroom. it has really good acoustics in there and u can really hear urself so u might be able to find out whats wrong.

I was very fortunate to have had voice lessons for 5 years. I tuned her piano and kept her husbands sax collection in good working order and it was free. I never sang before. Then I quit singing for 7 or 8 years and had to learn to sing again. So my point is you can learn to sing you just need to understand your range and best keys to sing in. Then like a lot of others have said practice, practice, practice. Hey if a deep baritone to bass-me can learn to hit the high note in Tied to the whipping post and go back to baritone any of you can learn to sing. When I gather up the courage I'm going to post it on youtube.

I find it helpful to just listen.
Listen to those that are better than you and take note of how they sing.

Top Bottom