Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake and Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in Southern California next March

Default Jake and Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in Southern California next March

For those of you in the SoCal area, there is a great chance to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. I have wanted to see them ever since I saw their Youtube performance of the theme from "Shaft." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfK-UzQ48JE

Anyway, since it seems they tour exclusively in Europe (and occasionally on the East Coast) I jumped at the chance to see them in concert with Jake Shimabukuro at the Orange County Performing Arts Center next March 24th. Here is a link to buy tickets:
    http://www.ocpac.org/ticketing/ticke...nceNumber=7591

You can read about the dual performance here:
    http://www.philharmonicsociety.org/p...ons.aspx?i=441
    http://ko-kr.facebook.com/event.php?...5749337&ref=nf

Now, I just have to figure out who to drag there with me: my spouse, best friend or Mom. I think they just may arm wrestle to find a way out of it, as none of them are uke fans.

I hope to see some of my fellow UUers there!
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

OMG! I'd go to see each separately, but Jake and the UOGB together ....! Thanks for putting the word out. Now I also have to figure out who to drag there....

Saw the uogb recently they were incredible and very funny also. This would be an amazing show
    Mainland mahogany tenor gloss now with mi-si acoustic trio pickup
    Kala Acacia tenor KA-ASAC-T with mi-si acoustic trio pickup
    Marshall AS50D for amplification kicks

My EP Pathetic (but he's fun) is available on Itunes here http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pat...ep/id490358088

www.facebook.com/rae.uke
    www.youtube.com/raecarter82
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/@hey_ukeguys

Wow, that will be a great show!! Thanks for letting us know early so we can get good seats. I rushed over and got tickets already! It is kind of a tricky website, but they have some nice interactive video that previews your view of the stage. I guess I found out what I want for my birthday! I think I can bring my husband... he enjoyed the Jake concert in Glendora, and I have shown him the UOGB on YouTube. Now, the only problem will be how to deal with the traffic on a Thursday night. Maybe well will have to spend the day in OC.
    –Lori

Hi all, lucky people,

I recently went to a UOGB gig in Salisbury UK, excellent night, look out for the Clash number "I got to let you know" FAB

Mike

Holy Mole, thanks so much! It's on my actual birthday, I may get to have a nice one for a change. Yaaaaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Holy Mole, thanks so much! It's on my actual birthday, I may get to have a nice one for a change. Yaaaaaay!
    Hey, how cool is that? What a way to spend your birthday.

Ohhh - am conflicted. Just bought tix to see Jake in Santa Barbara on March 21st, but can't pass up the opportunity to see my fellow countrymen if they're on the Left Coast ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2010 Mainland Classic Mahogany Concert - "Lois"
    2007 Pre-loved Custom LoPrinzi Koa Soprano - "Daphne" thanks eugene ukulele

Just an update...I saw on Facebook that the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain will now not be appearing with Jake at this show, despite what was advertised when I bought my tickets. I called the center and told them that while I love Jake, I had only bought tickets because I wanted to see UOGB (as they never come out here). I asked for a refund and they issued it to me. They were very cool about the whole process, and said the funding had fallen through on getting UOGB out here.

So if you bought tickets predominantly to see Jake, I'm sure you will have a great time. But if, like me, you did it because you wanted to see UOGB, you should call and get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
    Just an update...I saw on Facebook that the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain will now not be appearing with Jake at this show, despite what was advertised when I bought my tickets. I called the center and told them that while I love Jake, I had only bought tickets because I wanted to see UOGB (as they never come out here). I asked for a refund and they issued it to me. They were very cool about the whole process, and said the funding had fallen through on getting UOGB out here.

So if you bought tickets predominantly to see Jake, I'm sure you will have a great time. But if, like me, you did it because you wanted to see UOGB, you should call and get a refund.
    Oh man that is such a bummer. We were planning to fly down from Oakland for this concert! I'm really glad you saw that on facebook so soon though since I'm NOT on facebook and would have been hugely disappointed if I got there and UOGB wasn't there. I will probably cancel our tickets. While I would like to see Jake, it was UOGB that was the real draw for me.

Thank you o wicked one!

Thread Information