Ukulele Healing Power

Congratulations on getting out of the hospital. It would be a great thing for you to go back and bless the patients with your playing, you are very talented. Eventually I'd like to be good enough to make folks forget about their pain and smile. I'll bet you could write a great song about your experience.
God Bless you,
DAP
Way ahead of you. I wrote a quickie while I was there that I'll try to put up tomorrow...

hi ukecan'tdothat

Thanks for the inspirational story of what's happenned in your life. And like others, I pray too for your full recovery and for your future witness to the healing power of music in the hospitals.

I work as a carer in a nursing home and always have a uke close by to play to the residents there. It's amazing what impact music, and especially the ukulele can have. For example, there is one lady there who is almost catatonic, but as soon as I play either "Amazing Grace" or "When the Saints Go Marching In" her lips start mouthing the words to those songs...her daughter has told me they were favorites from her childhood as she was raised by Christian parents.

I also run a little residents choir in the home; we meet once a month and I know how much we all look forward to it. It is one of the most satisfying aspects of the work, which can be challenging and confronting at times.

Wishing you and your family many blessings brother
eugene

Thank you, mate!

Awesome inspiration, we share the same age, so WOW & HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And you need to finish the clip with "BUT I get UP AGAIN!", cuz you do, hang in there buddy and keep up the great work. You made my month at least with your post and vid, thanks for sharing your light!

Hey. That was a good video. You made me smile; not because you were playing uke in a smock in a hospital; but because you were kicking ass playing uke in that smock!!

Great show! That nurses response summed up how I felt too.

I wish I coulda played uke like that after my back surgery instead of me cursing out the nurses for no reason except the intense pain I was in. haha.

That is one cool video, don't know how I missed it the first time round! Good for you! I'm familiar with the feeling that whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger as I have some very serious health problems of my own. Thanks for sharing your positivity with us :D

Feel better soon and I hope you're enjoying your birthday!

Joey

Very cool video! It's good to see you're in high spirits despite the visit to the hospital. I love the challenge to for us to get out into our local communities and share the music. Thanks for providing us with some perspective. Hope you continue to feel better!

That is one cool video, don't know how I missed it the first time round! Good for you! I'm familiar with the feeling that whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger as I have some very serious health problems of my own. Thanks for sharing your positivity with us :D

Feel better soon and I hope you're enjoying your birthday!

Joey
Thanks, and be well!!!

Awesome inspiration, we share the same age, so WOW & HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And you need to finish the clip with "BUT I get UP AGAIN!", cuz you do, hang in there buddy and keep up the great work. You made my month at least with your post and vid, thanks for sharing your light!

Thanks, yeah I did get up again... and again and again. It's what you do there. I'm doing much MUCH better now that I've been home for a couple days. Family making a huge difference! Thanks to everybody and it's good from here!
:nana:

Top Bottom