Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele Healing Power

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    What hoosierhiver said.

Glad you're back on your feet!

Happy Birthday tomorrow.
    Hey Sukie! Love the new headstock! :}
    Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana - Two octaves and the truth!

http://www.youtube.com/ukecantdothat

You sound pretty peppy! That's a good thing.

Thanks about my new ukulele.

Congratulations on getting out of the hospital. It would be a great thing for you to go back and bless the patients with your playing, you are very talented. Eventually I'd like to be good enough to make folks forget about their pain and smile. I'll bet you could write a great song about your experience.
    God Bless you,
    DAP

Thanks for the inspirational video! I hope you heal quickly.

What a great video. Hope you are feeling better and take care. Happy Birthday!
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Uke on! Gotta love it.
    Aloha,
    Ronnie

Glad all is okay!

Really cool idea to go around and play in hospitals. Music has incredible healing powers, that is for sure.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Purchase my new solo album HERE!
    Check out my YouTube
    www.mattukulele.com

Aloha Ukecan'tdothat,
    I'm glad to hear everything went well and you're back on your feet!!!!Whew that was a close one...eh!!Maybe you should change your user name to
    UkeCanDoIt.....The healing power of music...works wonders!!!!! I'm guessing it was a life changing moment for you too!!!! and now you want to give
    back, how cool....intresting when you meet people you know, doing good things and never realize that side of them....that's what I call "Awesome".
    I see that you are following your friend's path and you both will be the new dynmanic duo making the rounds there.....My hat's off to you both!!!
    I've wondered why I didn't see you here for awhile, Take Care and Many Blessings to you....Have fun and Enjoy the uke!!!"Keep strumming them strings"
    Oh yeah, Almost forgot!!"Happy Birthday"" MM Stan...

happy birthday! Im glad to hear that you are doing better and watching that music video brought a smile to my face, the power of music is magical!
    Good luck and I hope you stay in good health
    “The ukulele is a noble little instrument... anyone serious about music will eventually come to play one.”
    Bob Brozman

Hippie Dribble Guest

hi ukecan'tdothat

Thanks for the inspirational story of what's happenned in your life. And like others, I pray too for your full recovery and for your future witness to the healing power of music in the hospitals.

I work as a carer in a nursing home and always have a uke close by to play to the residents there. It's amazing what impact music, and especially the ukulele can have. For example, there is one lady there who is almost catatonic, but as soon as I play either "Amazing Grace" or "When the Saints Go Marching In" her lips start mouthing the words to those songs...her daughter has told me they were favorites from her childhood as she was raised by Christian parents.

I also run a little residents choir in the home; we meet once a month and I know how much we all look forward to it. It is one of the most satisfying aspects of the work, which can be challenging and confronting at times.

Wishing you and your family many blessings brother
    eugene

Thread Information