Thread: Posting lyrics with YT songs

Default Posting lyrics with YT songs

I love it when people post lyrics and chords with their YT songs, both covers and originals. It makes it easier to understand songs I've never heard, and easier to play along.

Aloha Uke5417,
    I'll double on the one.....Have fun and Enjoy!!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

I like that too, and it's great reading along with songs I don't know.

I always post lyrics and chords with my originals, but I worry a bit about covers, with all the copyright issues going on with YouTube at the moment. I don't know... it may not make any difference, but I've left them out just to be safe....

I like pie.
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

Alan, you're banned.

I like pie too.

I love when people post the lyrics in chords. If the lyrics aren't posted I'll usually just kinda get immersed in the melody and the playing, and not actually try and understand the lyrics. That might just be me though.

Quote Originally Posted by 14twelve View Post
    I worry a bit about covers, with all the copyright issues going on with YouTube at the moment.
    I wondered if that wasn't part of people's reluctance, Michelle. It would be easier for a bot to spot words than music, I suppose.

Banana cream, Alan?

John, the lyrics thing is a recent fascination for me. When i was younger, it was always about the music.

I don't post lyrics to songs others have written because of worries about copyright. I figure folks can google for the lyrics like I did. ::grin:: But I do post the lyrics to my own songs. I had been putting in the chords too, but that gets fiddly. I will send a person the chords if they ask or need them or can't figure them out.

CountryMouse
    Flukes: Island Design custom; Red Cowboy | Fleas: Denim concert; Grape soprano | Enterline CBU #7
    Lanikais: LB6-S banjolele; LU-21 | Eleuke Mahogany | aNueNue U900 pineapple | Luna Great Wave pineapple
    Kalas: Purple Paisley Ukadelic; Watermelon | Red Hilo soprano | Dolphins: Pearl White; Pink Burst; Green Burst;
    Blue Metallic | Mahalos: Blue Tr Fruit; Smiley Face; Hearts; Black Les Paul | Tom Pocket Uke | Plastic: Woodi; TV Pal

Twitter | Blog | Facebook | YouTube | YouTube Too

Quote Originally Posted by uke5417 View Post
    Banana cream, Alan?
    French Silk
    Blueberry
    Apple

I've asked some people to post the lyrics to their original songs and they usually do. One person didn't want to, but sent them to me as a PM. Ask them, Bruce.
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

We've always appreciated it when others have posted lyrics and chords on YT, whether they are for originals or covers, but we've also been concerned about copyrights. We thought we might just try posting the lyrics and chords or tabs on UU with a link on YT.
    Ron and Jeanne

Kala tenor KK-SSTU-T and concert KK-SS-TU-C thin body travel ukes(Yogi and Booboo)
    Makala/Kala tenor MK-T 807 and concert MK-C 809 (Luke and Lele)
    Vintage (1968) Kent Harmony/Ohana Baritone (Clark) and
    Lanikai/Hohner Kohala soprano KU212 (Lois)
    Antonio Tsai electric soprano zebrawood ( Little Zee)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Heartstrings2009

Thread Information