Kala U-bass?

iDavid

Reaction score
I am looking to make some home recordings and don't really want to drag out the full size bass. I looked at some of the youtube U-bass videos and it looks really fun and I like the sound. I am looking for a fretted version only, btw

Do the different models sound different?
Can you tune it to stand uke tuning? (I doubt it, but it would be cool)
Any of you recorded with it?

thanks

I am looking to make some home recordings and don't really want to drag out the full size bass. I looked at some of the youtube U-bass videos and it looks really fun and I like the sound. I am looking for a fretted version only, btw

Do the different models sound different?
Can you tune it to stand uke tuning? (I doubt it, but it would be cool)
Any of you recorded with it?

thanks

Good post David.

I've got exactly the same questions as you, as I'm contemplating buying one myself...
for the last few years I've just used different settings on the keyboard for bass, which sound great, but it's starting to wear thin.

David,

Have a look at the "Bass" forum board...there's a thread up and going on there re the Kala U-Bass...I found it very helpful.

Hi,

I’ve got a semi-hollow body made by Owen Holt the original designer of the Kala bass. He goes by the name of
Road toad. I’ve found that how you amp the bass determines its sound. On a great system it really sounds like a stand up. I’ve let great bass players use mine. It’s great on the fingers. Mine is for sale because I just don't have time to learn bass. I’m too into writing and learning jazz on my tenors and concerts. I live near Berkeley. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimosabe I might be interested! I live in the Bay Area, so pretty close to you. Shoot me a PM of your specs!

Top Bottom