Favicon

I would really love one too. I was actually kind of surprised that UU didn't have one when I first came here because the rest of the site was so proffesionally done. It really does add to the site and it may just boost visitors a little bit.

Desperately need a favicon

Any chance for a UU favicon? Seems like a little uke, perhaps the logo illustration, or even just a nice UU would work well.

I too am hopeful that, with all of the incredible artistic talent of UU's members, someone will come up with a nifty little "UU" favicon to display! The forum has always needed one! Thanks and Happy New Year!

I merged all threads on this topic that I could find. I hope this is gonna get done sometime. I just think it's not the top priority of Rayan's work... which I can totally understand

That first link has a bunch of perfectly usable ico format uke icons that would work well until a custom one can be drawn.

I'm also voicing my support for a favicon, I was going through my history looking for a uke site I had visited some little while a go (and hadn't bookmarked correctly) and a favicon rather than the blue generic one would have made the search a whole lot easier.

Thanks, Tony

I've been hoping you guys would add a favicon as I have it on my bookmark bar in firefox and a grey piece of paper just isn't doing it for me so here's my attempt based on the new colour scheme.

I used this website to do the conversion and they also created the little animated gif version. In the zip (if it attaches ok) is both the .ico and .gif file.

edit: ok the .gif attachment isn't showing up the animated part but the files in the zip work fine. :)

Attachments

• UUfavicon.jpg
    UUfavicon.jpg
    804 bytes · Views: 32
  • favicon_180554.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 2
  • animated_favicon1.gif
    animated_favicon1.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
... or this, which I thought of a moment after posting the previous one.

I know I'm a little late to the show and since i'm at work you have already added one but I don't see it. Either way i vote for this one if the question is still open. If the question is still open it sounds like a good oppertunity for a contest.

Still no favicon. Even a simple white on brown "UU" or ukulele icon would make the site a lot better IMO, since it shows up better in people's favorites instead of just a blank page icon.

you should check out the Favicon that user SuperSecretBETA created. SuperSecretBETA posted it in this thread back on 7/14/09. check it out. It's black background with white Ukulele and some more white accent lines. check it out. maybe if enough of us suggest it the powers that be will use it. At least until they can think of something better.

I'd love a site favicon - selfishly, because I have my links-bar only icons, and UU can't be told from just the favicon. Sad day! If they need one made, I'm sure someone here is good at that sort of thing!

Top Bottom