where are the honeybees...

H

Hippie Dribble

howdy all,

I know there are many Mainland flag flyers on the UU, but does anyone own a Honeybee soprano?

Can't seem to find them listed anymore for sale on the mainland site...don't they make them anymore? If not, is there a reason...what is the difference between the honeybee and the standard mahogany Mainland soprano? :confused:

I bought one about 18months ago, and I was thinking of buying one as a gift for a family member...really like the sweet, bright sound and pretty loud to boot...real punchy

thanks much for any help. eugene

Aloha eugene,
Never heard of a Honey bee,,,hmmmm wonder what's
the buzz on them??? pardon the pun..he he MM Stan..
Do they have a wonderful tone? jus wondering....

Last edited:
howdy all,

I know there are many Mainland flag flyers on the UU, but does anyone own a Honeybee soprano?

Can't seem to find them listed anymore for sale on the mainland site...don't they make them anymore? If not, is there a reason...what is the difference between the honeybee and the standard mahogany Mainland soprano? :confused:

I bought one about 18months ago, and I was thinking of buying one as a gift for a family member...really like the sweet, bright sound and pretty loud to boot...real punchy

thanks much for any help. eugene

Last I heard, Mike had a few seconds of these lying around...apparently, the people making them weren't real consistent.

howdy all, I know there are many Mainland flag flyers on the UU, but does anyone own a Honeybee soprano?

Got one here - I begged Mike of Mainland to resurrect one from his dwindling stash of seconds (or thirds as this pile might now be termed). He picked out a couple, set up the best of the lot & gave me a good deal to boot. It's interesting that even the seconds of the Honeybee's don't turn up on the used marketplace. I've seen two others w/friends in Atlanta - one clearly labeled as a numbered prototype. Great little uke. I'd guess that a current model Soprano w/pickup would be an equivalent.

Give Mike a call at Mainland - perhaps he still has a few stashed away that he will be willing to let go...

I think Nuprin has one! Stumbled upon his old video and noticed he has one.

Sorry, sold mine about a year ago. From what I remember, the Honeybees were quite similar to the Mainland mahogany sopranos except they were lighter in color and only came in a matte finish.

Obviously, you'all are not from the "South Coast".

The Honeybees are here!

Top Bottom