New book: The Daily Ukulele

shrink9

Reaction score
Hey, fellow ukers!!!

Today I received my copy (from Amazon) of Jumpin' Jim's newest songbook--The Daily Ukulele. It was just released and contains 365 songs in tab/chord formats. The book is comb-bound and 336 pages (8 1/2" X 12"). If you are looking for a new source of songs, this looks very promising. It is designed so that we can learn a song a day.

I encourage you to check it out!!

Please post a follow up report on how you like the book. Thanks.

It's available at Flea Market Music Store. Click for Song List . . .

410LquwjQeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I played selections from the book last night--looks like nice arrangements. Thank you, Kanaka916, for the link that includes the listing of songs.

Very nice, that book is going on my Christmas list!!!!

Mahalo Kanaka for posting the songs!!!

That looks like a fun collection to have on hand and I might consider it, but at $35 (well, $23 at the "big river" store) I'd kinda like to see what the formatting looks like.

Allen, do you think you could scan half a random page (or maybe "Red Rubber Ball", one of my faves:)) to show how the tabs/chords are arranged? I have the utmost respect for copyright, but I think this would fall under "fair use".

thanks for posting shrink9

trying to avoid the temptation to check out the list of songs as mine will be arriving in the mail either today or tomorrow and I love surprises!!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner--I spend all my money on ukes!!!! lol

The format is this: melody line and lyrics with chords indicated above the melody line. The chord diagrams appear at the top under the titles of the songs.

I hope that this makes sense and helps.

New uke songbook

Have any of you seen Jim Beloff's new Daily Uke Songbook. It has 365 songs with melody line, lyrics and uke grids. It looks really great. I think it just came out a couple of weeks ago. $34.95 plus shipping. A pretty good piece of change, but it looks like it is worth it. Nice listing of songs!! http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/ Lozark

Sorry to Jim, but considering a bit of googling brings you most tabs under the sun for nothing, the price is just nuts.

It's a huge songlist, but bear in mind, lots of them are public domain too and out of copyright, anyone could make them available for free download.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree about the copyright domain and available tabs and lyrics and chords elsewhere. And it does seem to be a rather hefty price. But it does contain the melody line, which is nice for a lot of people to get the song right, and does have the uke grids. and it is a pretty nice list all contained in one place. Not promoting the book, just a few thoughts about its use and worth. Lozark

I was at a club recently where one of the members was an employee of a music publisher and took exception at the copyrighted material being used off the internet.
While I agree that almost everything is available freely on the net, keep in mind it may still be copyrighted material.
The new book is 365 songs, chords, melody and I believe tab as well. That is less than 10 cents a song, you can hardly get copies made for that.
I looked at the songlist and believe this may be a great book for clubs/groups to use. I ordered mine last week from Amazon for $24, added a CD to it and got free shipping.
All in all a good price and I am legal too and I don't have to google looking for a decent version.

Not that legality worries me all that much, I figure I can't print that many tunes...or continue with the drive to learn one a day at that price

Personally, it is worth something to me that it is bound. I have sheets of music all over the place. Here I have many songs in one source. It's worth the $24 I paid for it just for convenience.

I was at a club recently where one of the members was an employee of a music publisher and took exception at the copyrighted material being used off the internet.

All in all a good price and I am legal too and I don't have to google looking for a decent version.
I agree with you, but few people these days care about the illegality of what they download. Is it wrong to write down the lyrics, work out the chords and then share what you did here at UU? Not so much as scanning copyrighted editions and sharing them.

Not that legality worries me all that much, I figure I can't print that many tunes...or continue with the drive to learn one a day at that price
No one says you have to do one a day. My biggest concern is that the book is probably fairly fat, and I don't have enough filing space as it is. :eek:

Re the book being bound. I print all my lyrics and chords onto a4 paper, slip inside clear plastic wallets and keep in a hard backed ring binder. Have done so for years, have couple for guitar, one for uke. Have gigged and busked with them. Plus in rain shower or if drinks are being knocked over, they are waterproof!

Books are fine but are just confined to the songs in them, I rather make my personal folder of my favorites in order...just can't stand having so many books searching for the song I want.....wasted time....

Top Bottom