My Mya-Moe mango super soprano was just finished!

wow Doc...she's a ripper.

Just bought a mya moe mango soprano myself...those pics have got me drooling even more than before

Congrats mate...Gordon and Char are brilliant aren't they

Really happy for you...enjoy!!!!!!!!

You will love it, I am sure.
The peghead tuners are the greatest.
Char & Gordon's workmanship is phenominal
I am so happy with my Mya-Moe, I hope you strum in good health.

It looks to be new uke week :D Everyone seems to be getting one.
I'm loving the wood on it. Reminds me a lot of the cute coat of a labrador.
I know you'll enjoy it. Be sure to take (more) pictures/sounds when you get it :eek:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I plan to put up some sound samples and pictures, shortly after it arrives.
It's travelling a long way from WA to GA. So, I probably won't see it until next week.

Congrats! I have a Mya Moe Classic Myrtle Tenor which should be done in January. Looks like we have similar tastes in ukes Doc_J: Boat Paddle, MP, Waverly Street, Kamaka, and (soon) Mya Moe!

Thanks Nuprin. Each uke certainly has it's own voice. I had a hard time selecting between the Myrtle wood and the Mango wood.

Yes, we do have similar likes in ukes. But you play your ukes a whole lot better than me.:)

Argh! UAS strikes again! Thanks to this thread, I went and browsed the Mya-Moe website, and discovered the NW Aloha section (and loved their "uke philosophy"). As I was raised in the NW, and miss it terribly (I followed a job east), I just had to put in an order.

This is going to be a looong six months.

-Chap

I would do a Kenny-vs-Spenny-style humiliation for one of those. I played one of their standard mango sopranos a few months back and it was one of the best ukes I've EVER played. Congrats on the new uke! :D

Last edited:
Congrats! It's a beauty. Peghead tuners are awesome! I have to admit, I am very jealous...

I ALMOST ordered this very uke (was also considering the myrtle). Went with an MP instead. Noticed M-M have increased the prices on their traditions. Ouch. Victims of their own success perhaps.

It seems several uke luthiers have increased prices this year. Still, these custom instruments are a great value.
Just a couple more days until my Mya-moe is delivered.

Mya-moe mango super soprano arrived today...Good news....Bad news....Good News

Hey Everyone,

Good news: My Mya-moe mango super soprano arrived today.
It has a wonderful sound. Best sounding uke I have played. Here is a sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1sio6o841oyba9 Really nice and it will only improve with time. It feels perfect when playing it. Beautiful instrument.

Bad news: There are some very visible scratches on the soundboard around the bridge. So bad that I can feel them. ... Bummer :( Disappointing after waiting about 4 months for it.

Good news: Gordon said to send it back and he will take care it. So that's what I'm going to do. I am very surprised it got shipped. Too bad it has to go back.

Here are some new pictures of it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I plan to put up some sound samples and pictures, shortly after it arrives.
It's travelling a long way from WA to GA. So, I probably won't see it until next week.

and you need to make the trip from McDonough to Marietta next Wed. to let us drool over it:)

Aloha Doc_J,
Congrats on the Mya Moe...
Sorry about the scratches..I can even see them on the photo, aside from that it looks awesome..
It might take about at least 3 weeks before you get it back or so....for the finish to cure..bummers..
But I'm sure you have your other ukes to play....Thanks for sharing, and the pics.....Much appriciated, MM Stan..
Mya Moe, is so wonderful and they immediately addressed your concerns...my hats off to them..

Hey Everyone,

Good news: My Mya-moe mango super soprano arrived today.
It has a wonderful sound. Best sounding uke I have played. Here is a sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1sio6o841oyba9 Really nice and it will only improve with time. It feels perfect when playing it. Beautiful instrument.

Bad news: There are some very visible scratches on the soundboard around the bridge. So bad that I can feel them. ... Bummer :( Disappointing after waiting about 4 months for it.

Good news: Gordon said to send it back and he will take care it. So that's what I'm going to do. I am very surprised it got shipped. Too bad it has to go back.

All the Mya Moe praising around here caused me to order one myself last week. :D

I wonder how those scratches got there. I think the upper bout on mine would have the same type of scratches from my strumming, so it's probably not something I'd be too bothered by. Still, I understand how it could be a bit disappointing to see it on a new instrument. Hopefully Gordon will next-day it back to you.

and you need to make the trip from McDonough to Marietta next Wed. to let us drool over it:)
John, sorry the uke is travelling back to Washington state tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too long until it returns.

The good folks at Mya-Moe are providing expedited shipping both ways for the fixing the scratches. Gordon has been great to deal with. All done in less than 24 hours after I received it and noted the scratches! Everyone has mistakes from time to time, what is important is how they are corrected. This is great customer service.

Stan's right, I've got plenty of other nice ukes to play, while this one is fixed. But none of my other ones sound quite as nice as this one.....really. I don't think it will take too long to remove the scratches and refinish it.

Based on the sound and feel of this uke, and the responsive customer service of Mya-moe, I would recommend this uke to a friend.

Top Bottom