Lâg U77C Concert Ukulele

Uke87

Reaction score
Hi guys ! im new here ive got the ukulele bug.

i own a mahogany mahalo soprano and decided that i would treat myself to something a little more special.

I purchased a Lâg U77c concert solid mahogany Ukulele, and as far as im aware there is no review on them so i will do one for you.

u77c.jpg

ok now to the nitty gritty.

Features 8/10
What year was it made? im assuming 2009 or 2010, i have no way of verifying it unless i contact LAG with the serial number
Where was it made?France , Oui Oui!
How many frets? 14 Nickel frets
Solid-Top? Laminated top? Solid Honey Mahogany top, back and sides
Any pickups or electronics? Zip.nada
Body and neck woods? Black and ivory bound body. Mahogany neck with tramontane headstock.Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
FinishNatural French Satin
Body styleConcert
Bridge style im not sure of the name , but im gonna go with ??String through Body??
TunersEnclosed Black geared Tuners
Neck/Scale Mahogany Neck
included accessories Lag Gig bag softcase , very well made well padded

Sound 9/10
How does it suit your music style (and what is that style)? My music style is that of a relaxed person i like to be able to play soft and when i need volume i want to be able to have it.
Likes and dislikes?It has ebony and ivory binding, but on closer inspection to me it looks like it might be painted on? and i dislike the tribal rosette.
Rich/Full sound? Bright sound?Very nice acoustics, isnt particularly bassy but it is very sharp and there are no buzzes or vibrations

Action, Fit & Finish 9/10
How well was the ukulele set-up at the factory? (How was the action?) EXCEPTIONALLY WELL, it came strung with Aquilla Nylagut strings. All the woods are free of blemishes, there is no visible glue, the tuning stock are beautiful in terms of mechanics and hold the tune. The only negative i can say is that there are no fretboard markers on the fretboard itself, just on the sides.
Properly bookmatched top? YES
Properly routed bridge?Exquisitely made with precision, nice sharp lines

Reliability/Durability 10/10
Will this ukulele withstand live playing? Definately it is beautifully made
Does the hardware seem like it will last? as above
Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? the finish is french satin , it is quite thick and could survive abuse from long nails,picks or scratches
Can you depend on it?100%
Would you use it on a gig without a backup? I always erk on the side of caution, but if i forgot my backup id feel very confident

Customer Support 6/10
If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they? Havent dealt with the company per se, but the dealers all seemed reasonable
Ever try and get it repaired? N/A
Was it under warranty? N/A
How long is the warranty I never asked but id assume 1 year

Overall Rating8.5/10 (it can never be as good as a kamaka)
How long have you been playing? a couple of months
What other gear do you own? Mahalo uk220 soprano ( my travelling bash around)
Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this ukulele? CAN I GET A DISCOUNT???!
If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else? DEFINATELY buy it again
What do you love about it? The quality and attention to detail, i also love the fact the frets are spaced for easy chord changes.
What do you hate? tribal inlay
What is your favorite feature? the woods that have been used and the quality tuners
Did you compare it to other ukuleles? Which ones? compared it to a Kala KALEC, Lanikai Concert, Mahalo uk320c, aria acu250.
Why did you choose this one? Quality, affordability, set up, comfort.

thank you guys and girls, hope this was of some help

Last edited:
Aloha Uke 87,
Welcome to the UU and our forums, and the ukulele....Congrats on the new LagU77C...and thanks for the Review....Have Fun and enjoy!!!
Keepmstrumming them strings" MM stan..

The color of that mahogany really appeals to me. I actually like the rosette. Congratulations.

thanks! i can take some more photos of my *ACTUAL* uke if youd like. the image above is from the web

own one myself, they're good, would give it probably 6.5 out of ten overall.
They are made in China, although they're "designed" in France.
IMHO, sound and build are definitely good value for money, although sustain is average.
Enjoy the new uke!

Top Bottom