Quick & dirty travel uke

Beautiful! Hope you have a great time on your honeymoon & get plenty of playing in!

So want a travel uke to fit in my bag, as i'm always travelling.

Totally agree about the martin backpacker style shaped body. Very clever to do the main one piece.

Wanting to give you the highest compliment of attempting my own version (I'm in the UK otherwise I'd ask if you would make me the first frame thingy)

Could I know more, as I'm either going to attempt this myself, or ask a carpenter friend to do the first bit?

Many thanks

Could I know more, as I'm either going to attempt this myself, or ask a carpenter friend to do the first bit?

Many thanks

Those pictures (plus a knowledge of "normal" uke construction) really tell pretty much of everything... Anything specific?

It's been a nice little toy :). When not traveling, it sits on my desk waiting for the occasional quick strum. These super-short scale things are difficult to play in tune though, so it's really just a "personal" instrument.

I just discovered this thread through a pic on pinterest. So I just joined the forum. However, I can't see any of the pics here in the thread itself. What am I missing? Thanks

I just discovered this thread through a pic on pinterest. So I just joined the forum. However, I can't see any of the pics here in the thread itself. What am I missing? Thanks

In case you did not notice, this thread was created over 6 yrs ago.

If it makes you feel any better, I see no photos either.

Likely the photos have been deleted, or the OP no longer has an account with the place they were hosted, and since they have not been on the forum in some time, likely they have not noticed the problem. UU is NOT the only place to put pictures that you want in your posts, and about 2 yrs ago the server it was hosted on had a database crash, and despite restoring from backups, some photo 'attachments' for messages here got lost from the crash.

Looking for something no longer exists is only going to disappoint you.

Maybe you can share the link to the pinterest page that brought you here? That way others can see what you saw...

Sorry to bring bad news, but this kind of thing happens all the time due to the ephemeral nature of absolutely everything online, and likely made worse by companies being bought, sold or merged and the assets removed from public access.

Thanks!

Thanks for the other link! Pics of your finished product is what I wanted to see. Beautiful job! Plans are always appreciated if you have time.

Uke on!

QUOTE=Vespa Bob;1942572]Apologies for posting late to this thread, but my computer has been down since yesterday. Anyway, if the OP is still interested, perhaps I can help, as I also saw the same picture on Pinterest and built my own version, posted here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?115387-My-latest-build-A-travel-ukulele
If LucaleleUkes would like, I can draw up some basic plans and e mail them to him.

Bob[/QUOTE]

From Pinterest. The link led to here. Doing this on my phone so hopefully it works. Screenshot_20170219-113835.jpg

Yes, that's all I had to work with. E mail me your email address and I'll get the plans off to you in a few days.

Bob

Top Bottom