ever see a Kamaka HP1-L long neck pineapple?

janeray1940

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody outside of Japan has ever seen one of these for sale. Google shows a number of them for sale in Japan (such as these), and Ukulele Pua Pua seems to be able to special order one, but aside from that they seem to be a mythical beast!

I'm curious to know if anybody here has one. Or for that matter, if anybody here has placed a special order via Pua Pua and can tell me about that experience.

Thanks as always!

And so much for my UAS being in remission!
Janeray, you're killing me here.

And so much for my UAS being in remission!
Janeray, you're killing me here.

Yeah, I thought mine was in remission too but it didn't last long :)

Ukulele Pua Pua just contacted me - you can put in a reservation for one now; they expect to have them next April.

Aloha JaneRay,
You can special order one directly from the factory I'm sure...just call or e-mail them and ask....How's your kamaka sounding, you must have the Kamaka Fever now....buying more??? MM Stan..
A special order from the factory would be faster....about three months... if you buy from dealers they have to put in the order, just faster dealing direct...maybe get a better price too....jus ask!!:):)
A one in Japan for $1400.00 plus , too rich for my blood.....guess the customs and taxes increases...

Last edited:
Aloha JaneRay,
You can special order one directly from the factory I'm sure...just call or e-mail them and ask....How's your kamaka sounding, you must have the Kamaka Fever now....buying more??? MM Stan..
A special order from the factory would be faster....about three months... if you buy from dealers they have to put in the order, just faster dealing direct...maybe get a better price too....jus ask!!:):)
A one in Japan for $1400.00 plus , too rich for my blood.....guess the customs and taxes increases...

Hey MM Stan. I did email the factory, I'll call if I don't hear back in the next few days. Probably the best way to go if they will take an order for one - I've heard that they aren't taking special orders right now though.

I am *loving* the new Kamaka concert. It sounds so different than the soprano, I'm really glad I bought it :)

Aloha JaneRay,
Call them is the easiest and fastest way...808 531-3165
Actually they are not taking custom orders now, but they take special orders..simply means extra's..
I hope it helps...Good Luck!! MM Stan..

Call them is the easiest and fastest way... they take special orders..simply means extra's..I hope it helps...Good Luck!!

I'd like to nominate mm stan as "UAS Enabler of the Year 2010".
Thank You Stan!

I'd like to nominate mm stan as "UAS Enabler of the Year 2010".
Thank You Stan!
Aloha Cletus,
Thanks, I'm a Kamaka man to the end....and their cheif enabler for the UU forums...he he
Sadly the year is comiing to an end, and my term might be up....maybe you'll take over eh....
Happy Strummings brother, Have fun and enjoy your ukes......MM Stan...

We may have to re-elect you for another term! I don't say that often!! (re-elect that is) You are very good at it!

Thanks, I'm a Kamaka man to the end....and their cheif enabler for the UU forums...he he
Sadly the year is comiing to an end, and my term might be up....maybe you'll take over eh....

If mm stan won't step up for the UAS folks, then maybe Lexxy has potential.

Just heard back from Kamaka. They cost $845 and can be ordered directly from the factory, and take 3-5 weeks to build.

Is there a discount for quantities of 3 or more?

LOL! I think if I bother them one more time with yet another question, they will raise the price rather than discount it :)

Aloha JaneRay1940,
So are you going to pop for it?? jus wondering....no pressure..he he an equal oppertunity enabler.....jus 3-5 weeks....MM Stan....

Ha, no pressure at all :) I'm still deciding - depends on if a little cash windfall comes my way this or not. I've also been eyeing a couple of soprano pineapples which would be a little less damaging to the wallet. Too bad "one of each please!" isn't really an option...

Top Bottom