How long and how many?

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just curious.. How long has everyone been playing ukulele? and how many do you have?

Me: 3 months... 3 ukes

Samick- U50 - a real buzzer ( don't play much anymore)
Luna concert floral- LOVE her
Makala DOlphin- stripped down and being painted

Well, I averaged about a ukulele a month for the first 6 or 7 months, and by the end of the year I had 9. I have tapered off a bit, because of space constraints, and saving up for really nice ones. I have been playing ukulele for 1 year and 8 months. Still loving it!

–Lori

one every 5 weeks....he he sold a few, but it's startng to accumalate again.....and the UAS is strong within me...

Playing the uke since March. A couple of ukes have passed through during that time, notably a vintage Kamaka.
This KoAloha concert I picked up in exchange is a lifetime keeper, a gem. I'll always have a backup uke around, but I think the KoAloha will be 'the one'.
But who knows? I am merely a ukulele novice enjoying the journey.

I'm coming up on 4 years next February. Man time flies. I still feel like I'm a beginning player.

I've lost count on how many ukes I've owned since the beginning. Probably close to 30. Right now I have 16. I thought I've put the brakes on UAS pretty good over the last year (only one purchase), but I just bought #16 and ordered #17 last week. :p

I've been playing about 2 weeks give or take and own only one.
I can't justify buying another so soon :eek:
It's so very tempting though. :D

2.5 months....6 ukes.

"but this is my last one, I swear!"

If my wife made you put this thread up to bait me, tell her nice try.

I got a uke in every port. at least.

Picked up my first uke a year ago last August and now there are 16 in the house, but 4 belong to my grandkids and several of the others are in various states of repair/restoration.

One year, one uke.

I want to get a solid-body and an eight-string and then, I say with a straight face, I will be satisfied and won't need any more.

Well, a U-bass some day would be nice...

One year exactly, unless you count the couple years I tried to learn to play when I was a little kid (a very, very long time ago!). Four ukes, down from five last week. Probably going to be back up to five any day now.

Nigh on 12 months,

3 Ohanas, 1 Greg Bennet headed for Ebay (anyone want this Concert??), a red Mahalo for Christmas festivities, and a vintage Richter on the way. And truly I dont want a Kala travel Uke, no really I dont, gosh no, nah, never, shocking things, what do people see in 'em, not gonna happen, simply out of the question, pssssh.

Wow there are some serious uke buyers out there, I don't feel too bad now.
Do most people go tend to buy more when they are getting into it then mellow out? I know I have the one favorite that I love playing and no real urge to get any more unless it was an opportunistic vintage or classic purchase, like the Kumalae Koa Soprano that came up on eBay and was just down the road. Those sorts of things are rare in Western Australia as we aren't the real hawaiiana capital of the world.
I don't have any desire to own a mass produced uke no matter how nice it looks. That being said I do plan to buy some cheapies to give to friends at christmas.

4 1/2 years; 1/2 dozen bangers, 21 good'uns

Last edited:
If I hadn't gotten such a nice sounding uke, I probably would have several more, but I can't justify spending the money when I have such an awesome one. So I use the money for my profession mostly. But I have spent some looooooong nights cruisin the interwebs lookin at ukes that I want. It would be great to have another copy of mine that I could string low G. Oh and it would be nice to have a bajolele, and a baritone, oh and a pineapple, and a super super soprano, and a resonator, and a 6 string, and an eleuke, and a risa stick, and anything that starts with a K.... I should stop.

Started in September so about two months and only one uke.
But I thought about getting a second one :D
Im glad to see im not the only one with that problem.

"my name is vic and i have a uke problem"
:biglaugh:

Top Bottom