How long and how many?

Officially down to one uke. Sold my Kala tenor this morning. It was my first uke, so bittersweet.

I agree. I started with a cheapie Ohana but knew all along that I would upgrade. What I didn't know was that a better quality instrument - heck, even better strings - would make me sound so much better that I would want to practice more because I loved the sound so much!

I agree with this.. I bought my first a samick.. sounded ok to me in the store (but what did I know, I couldnt play it) and within a few weeks I realized it buzzed etc.. I would always recommend buying the best you can, or maybe borrowing if you can someones uke. I sound better with my luna.. In the matter of fact I think it makes me sound better than I am...

Thanks for sharing everyone!

I've owned an ukulele for about 15 years? I've only been really serious about playing one for the last 2 years and in those 2 years I went from having 1 to now owning 8.

Two months, one uke. A tenor Lanikai. I'm really considering putting my xmas money towards a mainland banjolele when it comes out. It's 285 but damn I really want one. This lady at my church has one of those old school banjoleles from the 20s or 30s and ever since she let me play it I've wanted one really bad.

Just curious, what does UAS stand for?

Two months, one uke. A tenor Lanikai. I'm really considering putting my xmas money towards a mainland banjolele when it comes out. It's 285 but damn I really want one. This lady at my church has one of those old school banjoleles from the 20s or 30s and ever since she let me play it I've wanted one really bad.

Just curious, what does UAS stand for?

UAS=ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

I've been playing for two years, and have four ukes. Still, even though I have four, I only play one of them. The other three are just wall decorations for me right now. Okay, the Pineapple Sunday probably gets played 2% of the time, but the Kanile'a and soprano are just wall decorations.

I'm coming up on 4 years next February. Man time flies. I still feel like I'm a beginning player.

I've lost count on how many ukes I've owned since the beginning. Probably close to 30. Right now I have 16. I thought I've put the brakes on UAS pretty good over the last year (only one purchase), but I just bought #16 and ordered #17 last week. :p

Mya Moe, Perreira or Moore Bettah? : )

I can't keep up with you George.

Two years, 7 ukes and shopping.........

2 years, 3 soprano's, 1 Pineapple, 2 tenors ( 1 high G, 1 Low G ), 1 Pineapple tenor Eleuke, 1 Tahitian Uke (banjo)...and another electric Uke coming for Xmas...YAY

About four years, two ukes, both under $100. I play rhythmically pretty well, having been a professional drummer most of my life. However, I don't know a danged thing about scales or soloing. I've been able to put together a pretty intricate instrumental version of "Here Comes The Sun" that makes people think I really know what I'm doing. It's all smoke and mirrors, though. Aside from that, I haven't moved much beyond "Ain't She Sweet."

My next uke is going to be a banjolele, as soon as I can afford one.

It will be 4 years in March 2011... Lord willing.

I have owned 3 ukuleles but not more than 2 at any time.

Done a lot of looking and testing, but so far I'm pretty happy with the ones I have.

John

I started at the beginning of October, or was it September? lol My mind is blank at the moment! Hopefully, I'll have the money to buy myself another one for Christmas!

btw, if you don't mind me asking, How do you like your Luna? How's the sound? I would LOVE to get the Dolphin Concert they have! Does it have any faults? Thanks :)

~Michele

about a year and too many 7, 1 soprano, 1 travel soprano, 1 concert, 1 pineapple sunday, 1 tenor, 1 semi-hollow body tenor, 1 lap steel resonator tenor

So this thread is telling me its ok to get another uke. Specifically this mahogany goodness by mainland i have in the other tab on my browser. Maybe i should hide my debit card for a little while :D

I've been playing uke for about 4 months and got two ukes so far.

Top Bottom