Would you buy a uke-themed fez?

Would you buy a $65-70usd uke-themed fez?

• Indeed! I desire a stylish head covering like this!

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • No, I fear the price and/or fezzes of all sorts!

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

Chap

Reaction score
A bit of an offshoot of another thread, but it fired my imagination, so here we go...

Would you spend $65-70 usd for a uke-themed fez?

It would be from the great folks and www.fez-o-rama.com , and I can tell you from personal experience, they do good work, these are quality items.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, to see if there's enough interest to lure them into making a batch.

-Chap

Last edited:
Hell, yeah! I love a nice lid.

The option I would select is not in your poll. I would vote "no," but not because I fear either the price of a custom fez or fezzes in general. My reason would be that if I were going to wear a fez, I'd want to wear a traditional fez. I wouldn't wear a fez with ukulele-themed embroidery any more than I'd wear a suit jacket with an ukulele embroidered on the front pocket or the back of the suit. To avoid a misleading answer -- I wouldn't want my "no" vote to be misunderstood as hating fezzes or refusing to pay $60 for a good one -- I've declined to vote at all. (This would be a great teaching moment for how easily pollsters can skew polling or misinterpret the results, but that would involve hijacking the thread, which I will not do.)

Cletus - there are nice lids, and then there are

attachment.php

No, nope.....never, does not matter on the theme, price, style etc. No!

A bit of an offshoot of another thread, but it fired my imagination, so here we go...

Would you spend $65-70 usd for a uke-themed fez?

It would be from the great folks and www.fez-o-rama.com , and I can tell you from personal experience, they do good work, these are quality items.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, to see if there's enough interest to lure them into making a batch.

-Chap

So how many Fez (is that right for the plural??) do you own that you have such intimate knowledge of quality?? ;) I love the idea but fear I lack the balls to wear on in public. Maybe it is just a chicago thing, but Fez = Shriner in my world ;)

The option I would select is not in your poll. I would vote "no," but not because I fear either the price of a custom fez or fezzes in general. My reason would be that if I were going to wear a fez, I'd want to wear a traditional fez. I wouldn't wear a fez with ukulele-themed embroidery any more than I'd wear a suit jacket with an ukulele embroidered on the front pocket or the back of the suit. To avoid a misleading answer -- I wouldn't want my "no" vote to be misunderstood as hating fezzes or refusing to pay $60 for a good one -- I've declined to vote at all. (This would be a great teaching moment for how easily pollsters can skew polling or misinterpret the results, but that would involve hijacking the thread, which I will not do.)

Well, you may also ignore the rest of my verbage past "Yes" or "No", if you like, I was just trying to add a bit of fun to it. Frankly, I don't really care about the reasoning either way, just to know if you would or wouldn't.

-Chap

Hi Paul,

Shriners are kinda a bit like "Masons".
Yow know secret handshake,passwords,general do gooders.
They wear the fez and do other funny stuff.

Nope I'm not a Shriner.

Cheers.

So how many Fez (is that right for the plural??) do you own that you have such intimate knowledge of quality?? ;) I love the idea but fear I lack the balls to wear on in public. Maybe it is just a chicago thing, but Fez = Shriner in my world ;)

I own two fezzes, one is a cheap one, made of felt-covered card, apparently. I don't wear that one, because it both doesn't fit my giant melon-head, and frankly, it's crap. But, it does make a fine container for spare dice, adapters, card readers, and so on. The other one is from Fez-O-Rama, and it's lovely. Great stitching, quilted interior, a very nice piece of work. I also have about a dozen other hats, ranging from a couple ball caps from my Air Force days, to a pirate hat, to a nice bowler.

As to shriners, well, I can't influence your world view that much. But I dare to think that a nice fez, in an un-shriner color, with a uke embroidered on it (or something uke-related), doesn't immediately scream shriner. :p

Last edited:
I'd buy a uke-themed fez, but the price is too high for me (at least right now).
--G

Hi Paul,

Nope I'm not a Shriner.

Cheers.

I'm not a Shriner either, but they're fairly well known for donating to and/or building Children's hospitals, riding tiny cars in parades, and wearing red fezzes.

Hi Paul,

Nope I'm not a Shriner.

Cheers.

Actually, Shriners ARE high degree Masons. You have to be a fully degreed Mason before you can apply to or be nominated to be a Mason. Learned a little bit about them last summer in going to a memorial service at a Masonic Temple for an uncle. Definitely a perculiar experience :)

If I had the money, I'd drop probably a maximum of $65 on a uke fez, depending on the style. It would have to be classy.

I think I want to be a Mason. I'm not sure though. I'd have to learn more about it.

How do you learn more about a secret society?

I suppose I could Google it.

Oh, and I don't have the money. Nor will I, anytime soon.

Last edited:
I would.

I have two fezzes. One is totally vintage, bought by my brother in a pawn shop in Lincoln, Nebraska, 20-odd years ago.
The other is from Fez-o-Rama and is not only incredibly well made, it's insanely comfortable, and nice and warm. It shall be my winter hat.
The price seems a little steep... until you get it. Then you understand.
If you're into the insanity of the Fez, I can't recommend Fez-o-Rama highly enough.

Top Bottom