Pics with Herb Ohta Sr&Jr and James Hill

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Well the seattle uke fest had a small turn out but it had some big stars showing their faces. Me(ukulele_junkie), Angela(Jello), Terrell, and JumpingFlea all were there taking workshops and gettin to know a few other uke players from around the NW. Also, might have a few more members from the northwest, we told the UU site facts about a dozen a times. Some people actually already knew about us, some important people such as the Head of SUPA (Seattle Ukulele Players Association) which they told me is quite a big thing which i had no clue, and also the event planner that planned the concerts for James Hill and Herb Ohta.

Here are a few pics belows. Well just wanted to show everyone bigs things should be coming from the NW soon.

HPIM0916.jpg

HPIM0918.jpg

HPIM0919.jpg

BIGGEST QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT'S UKULELE UNDERGROUND I WANNA KNOW?!

Yeah these shirts rock especially when ur in a group wearing them haha :D

Last edited:
Oooh awesome, looks like you guys had a fun time. :)

wewt! aside from that fact i waited in the burning hot sun for an hour for you guys today was awsome. haha j/k i was actually inside quiznos and dusty's the whole time since i didn't want to burn outside.:D. also we got some hookups for aldrine to possible be getting on a few radio stations up here, and a possible newspaper article on UU or aldrine. NW FTW!!! haha

Looks like you had fun! I wonder what the uke festivals around here are like, should put more work into visiting them...

You guys should demand a cut in the UU business... or else get namecards that say "Manager for Aldrine and K-Town Heroes". Don't forget the oversized sunglasses and big Havana cigar next time ;)

Yeah, the Uke Fest was really fun!
You would never think there were all these people in the North West who play the uke!

Ha, & the shirts attracted MAJOR attention. ;)

That's pretty sweet having a picture with James Hill & I've never seen an actual ukulele shop before, thats so cool!

That's pretty sweet having a picture with James Hill & I've never seen an actual ukulele shop before, thats so cool!

Actually this shop began as a dulcimer shop and repair and grew to a large acoustic instrument paradise. Those are a hell of a lot of ukes tho :biglaugh:

yeahh, I've never seen more than 1 uke in a store (guitar center) before. I would be like a kid in a candy shop there.

I was there as well. Best time I've had in my life.

I'll post pics later, I will be attending 2 more James Hill workshops tomorrow so those pics will be posted too.

Good meeting the fellow UU members!!

I was there as well. Best time I've had in my life.

I'll post pics later, I will be attending 2 more James Hill workshops tomorrow so those pics will be posted too.

Good meeting the fellow UU members!!

hey! yeah it was cool meeting you! well, i was actually kinda shy though.. sorry about that!
but i bet you'll have a ton of fun at the other workshops tomorrow!
i wish we could have gone to the concert too!
next year :)

Sweet pics junkie! way to rep UU! and JUST how tall are you terrell?

NICE. James Hill is an awesome guy.

seems like most uke players are AWESOME haha.

Yeah, the Uke Fest was really fun!
Ha, & the shirts attracted MAJOR attention. ;)

That's gotta be worth some tickets in the MGM contest :D

That is so great. At our meetups, we have to compete with punters who are wondering what our little guitars our. Yall are at another level!

Top Bottom