2011 Ukulele Calendar Project Preview

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, I have uploaded the 2011 Ukulele Calendar to Cafe Press. I just need to go over a few things with customer service first to make sure the documents are set up properly, and to get a proper link that is easy for you all to find. Here is the art, which includes a little extra space around each image for the bleed and wire binding at the top. Hopefully they will be ready for purchase sometime on Monday, November 15. Cafe Press charges $20 for this calendar which is 11 x 17 inches vertically, and the image size for each month is 11x11 inches. There are price breaks at quantities of 15+. Proceeds will go to the Ukuleles for Kids Program. http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/ukulelesforkids/about.php. I will keep you updated. Thanks to all the people that contributed to this project.

2011calendar_cover_web.jpg 2011_Ukulele_Calendar_12.jpg
Jan- Kamaka
Feb- Mya-Moe, Moore Bettah
Mar- Moore Bettah
Apr- KoAloha
May- Mike DaSilva
Jun- Kala/ Makala
July- Mainland
Aug- Dave Talsma
Sept- Kanile'a
Oct- Dave Talsma
Nov- Ohana
Dec- Flea- Magic Fluke

–Lori

Way cool Lori! I can't wait to order one, or two,...or more. Keep us posted as to avaiability.

Aloha Lori,
I thought it was my monthly to buy uke list for next year....only kidding...nice job!!!looks awesome....You do some really awesome things....MM Stan...

Last edited:
Great job Lori! I look forward to ordering mine. I adore the shot of the Moore Bettah headstocks. :)

Last edited:
Hi Lori

Fantastic idea, and proceeds to support the Ukuleles for Kids program. Brilliant! I'll certainly be buying one for myself and numerous others as gifts for friends and family.

Well done Lori!!!

Incidentally, who built the uke with the "butterfly" shaped soundhole! That is such a lovely looking instrument!

Cheers mate and all the best.

eugene

Hi Lori

Fantastic idea, and proceeds to support the Ukuleles for Kids program. Brilliant! I'll certainly be buying one for myself and numerous others as gifts for friends and family.

Well done Lori!!!

Incidentally, who built the uke with the "butterfly" shaped soundhole! That is such a lovely looking instrument!

Cheers mate and all the best.

eugene

The Butterfly soundhole ukulele is by Mike DaSilva (in Berkeley California). http://ukemaker.com/

–Lori

:drool: :iwant:
well, it's monday the 15th and it appears that the calendars are indeed available for purchase...

I just got THREE!!! :eek:

I'm so excited! yay!:D

Outstanding photos! I was a bit disappointed by the Ohana photo. Their new resonators are so much prettier than that old bell uke.

Outstanding photos! I was a bit disappointed by the Ohana photo. Their new resonators are so much prettier than that old bell uke.

I was originally going to have a Mya-Moe resonator uke, but that idea didn't work out this time. By next year I will have my own, which will make it easier to get a hi-res photo. I asked for those Ohana models based on their unique qualities, and they came as separate photos. I combined them in PhotoShop creating a "fantasy studio" setting. I forgot to ask if they had high res photos of the new resonator. Since I haven't seen it on their website, it makes me think it hasn't been photographed yet.

–Lori

Oh I thought it was all gonna be pictures of Deach laying nude in provocative ways covering up his bits with ukuleles.

This is very cool, and I love that you are doing it for a program for kids to play my favorite instrument!

Do they make ukes that big?

Top Bottom