June/July Ukulele Underground Propaganza Contest! Sponsored by MGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let Uni and her Ukulele know about UU last month at the Uke Day in May event by the FUN (Finnish Ukulele Network). When fellow members saw the autograph and inquired about the site, I let them in on the scoop. :D

It's a meager story compared to meeting James Hill, Ohta-san and Herb Jr., but Finland is a long way away.

uni.png

uni_uu.png

I let Uni and her Ukulele know about UU last month at the Uke Day in May event by the FUN (Finnish Ukulele Network). When fellow members saw the autograph and inquired about the site, I let them in on the scoop. :D

It's a meager story compared to meeting James Hill, Ohta-san and Herb Jr., but Finland is a long way away.

uni.png

uni_uu.png

Hey, she's great! I just had a listen to her on MySpace. Really nice music!

Alright so here's my first wave of entries. First of all like to say that whatever points i get from this Terrell gets half of em.

Photoshopped a design and made some copies at kinkos about 60-70 copies in this pile.

Flyers.jpg

The owner allowed us to display these at the Dusty String's main entrance with the rest of the business cards, upcoming events calendar, and various info.

HPIM0920-1.jpg

Also, don't know if this will count as anything but i guess I can make a quick blog, it's actually pretty much a story of coincidence. Well as you know we met Ohta San, and we actually were not planning to go to his workshop. We actually stayed there for quite some time till we decided to go, plus the class looked like it was almost full on the roster. So we finally decided $40 each to see the Legend, heck ya! So Terrell went up to the front desk and he asked if there were available slots, and guess what 3 available slots. One for me, Angela, and Terrell. So it was like a struck of luck. As we went there, 3 people wearing UU.com shirts yeah people will look and be inquisitive to what it is, so it was a perfect place to get our name across. So many people in the workshop asked what we were about and we passed those flyers out to some people and actually got a few people interested such as: the Seattle Ukulele Player's Club Association and also a Sunday evening Hawaiian Music DJ. So yeah hopefully it was a productive day and those people we talked to will spread the news and help the site grow and the uu community will grow larger here in the Northwest. :nana:

HPIM0918.jpg

I think they deserve some major points for that.

Alright so here's my first wave of entries. First of all like to say that whatever points i get from this Terrell gets half of em.

Photoshopped a design and made some copies at kinkos about 60-70 copies in this pile.

Flyers.jpg

The owner allowed us to display these at the Dusty String's main entrance with the rest of the business cards, upcoming events calendar, and various info.

HPIM0920-1.jpg

Also, don't know if this will count as anything but i guess I can make a quick blog, it's actually pretty much a story of coincidence. Well as you know we met Ohta San, and we actually were not planning to go to his workshop. We actually stayed there for quite some time till we decided to go, plus the class looked like it was almost full on the roster. So we finally decided $40 each to see the Legend, heck ya! So Terrell went up to the front desk and he asked if there were available slots, and guess what 3 available slots. One for me, Angela, and Terrell. So it was like a struck of luck. As we went there, 3 people wearing UU.com shirts yeah people will look and be inquisitive to what it is, so it was a perfect place to get our name across. So many people in the workshop asked what we were about and we passed those flyers out to some people and actually got a few people interested such as: the Seattle Ukulele Player's Club Association and also a Sunday evening Hawaiian Music DJ. So yeah hopefully it was a productive day and those people we talked to will spread the news and help the site grow and the uu community will grow larger here in the Northwest. :nana:

HPIM0918.jpg

wewt! great post josh^_^ thanks for printing up those flyers by da way. they came in handy big time! i'm gonan hand some more out this weekend at a hawaiin place in everett.

but its gonna be a random drawing. The more u do stuff for UU the more times your name will be put into the blind box. so its fair game for everyone that has a good imagination.

but its gonna be a random drawing. The more u do stuff for UU the more times your name will be put into the blind box. so its fair game for everyone that has a good imagination.

so what if i do something epic? 1 huge thing that will go down in UU history, for the contest do i get more points or is it just 1 pt per item... Ive got something in my mind thts more epic than Zelda, FF,Chrono Cross and starcraft all rolled into 1?

so what if i do something epic? 1 huge thing that will go down in UU history, for the contest do i get more points or is it just 1 pt per item... Ive got something in my mind thts more epic than Zelda, FF,Chrono Cross and starcraft all rolled into 1?

its to the judges discretion, and they are is ryan and aldrine. So depending on how epic they feel your contribution was will determine the points you will receive.

I know aldrine is a zelda fanboy, so if he thinks its more epic then zelda (good luck) then you did something HUGE

LOL he isnt the only zelda fan!. wat i got planned is a lot of work and involves massive amounts of duct tape so it will be down to the wire.

I was thinking of killing a few homeless guys and carving UU into their foreheads. How many points would I get for that? I'm sure it would be on the news.

homless people are just as important as you and i.

but i have... no tricks up my sleeve, i want to get some flyers. Print about 1000 but it costs $0.20 per black and white paper, which is like... $200! LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom