Normal, IL Uke meeting

Rats! Not looking good for me to make it. They're predicting a sizable snow storm sat night/sun morning. It's 1 1/2 hours each way in good weather. Keep me in the loop though, I do want to come over there sometime soon.

Just wanted to remind people that there is a little uke meet-up today, and I have a special guest: Alex (BornAgainJeepers)
Hope to see some of you there
The Coffee House
Normal, IL
2pm

Just thought I would:
1. thank Alex for coming and hanging with us
2. Thank Brad and Abby for coming also, they both are new to ukes but have a ton of talent
3. Say "I hope more people can come, I am going to keep having the meetings.

The Coffee house was packed with people getting ready for finals, they seemed to not care that we were there. One said that we sounded good.
Hoping to do it again next month and see who can come. I will keep this thread up to date on that.

January 22 @ 2pm The Coffee house in Normal, IL?
Does that sound OK?

Rats that's a saturday. I was hoping for another sunday.
Our family uke group plays that saturday, but don't change it just for me.

January 22 @ 2pm The Coffee house in Normal, IL?
Does that sound OK?

WOAH. Ok, so I'm presenting at a conference the day before in Peoria - and may be staying over night...if I do, I'm totally coming to the jam the next day! It looks like it's about 45 min or so away, but I'll never be closer than that! I'll let you know for sure - I hope it ends up working out!!! :)

WOAH. Ok, so I'm presenting at a conference the day before in Peoria - and may be staying over night...if I do, I'm totally coming to the jam the next day! It looks like it's about 45 min or so away, but I'll never be closer than that! I'll let you know for sure - I hope it ends up working out!!! :)

Awesome, is that the Music confrence they do at the civic center? I worked IT for it when ISU did all the regestration a few years back. that would be cool. I figure they are paying for your hotel, but if not you can stay at my house, I am like 40 minutes away. keep me in the loop.

Awesome, is that the Music confrence they do at the civic center? I worked IT for it when ISU did all the regestration a few years back. that would be cool. I figure they are paying for your hotel, but if not you can stay at my house, I am like 40 minutes away. keep me in the loop.

Yep, IMEA - I worked registration there from '03-'06...could we have already met!? :) My district is paying for a room, but I'm not sure if it's just for Thursday night, or both Thurs/Fri. Otherwise, I may take you up on your housing offer - I'll let you know! Thanks Tim!

I have to cancel the uke meet up this saturday. I am fighting a cold and know that it will get the better of me by friday. Hope this does not screw anyone up. I will reschedule soon. Again I am sorry.

NAMM + Mim's cold = sick

So gave you set a date for the next meet up?
I really want to be part of this.
Soon the weather will be a bit better for travel.
Have you thought about a name for the group yet?
Central Illinois Ukulele Club?
abNormal Ill Ukers?
etc....
How about starting a facebook page to keep in touch with everybody?

Ok, I'm pretty sure I can make it. (Hopefully NO SNOW!!!)
I'll bring both my tenors and my Ubass.
Do you have a map or at least an address so i can map it?
Might bring wife and mother in law. Will we be playing any oldies or what kind of music etc....

Top Bottom