Hawaiian bass tabs

DeG

Reaction score
If you going to play Hawaiian music, you need to have a bass accompaniment , right? So, I picked up an acoustic bass, but haven't been able to find any good bass tabs for the songs I want to play. Does anyone know of a good source?

Tropical Hawaiian Storm seems to be the source for Hawaiian music tabs, but not much for the bass. I'm looking for Ka'au Crater Boys, IZ, Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau, etc...

Any suggestions?

Yea, a bass line will definetly make a difference and as far as I know, there isn't a collection of bass tabs for Hawaiian music. Do you have any other uke players close to you or in your area? Having someone play the melody chords, you should be able to add in a bass line. Another option would be to play with the recording.

the best thing to do is take the chord patterns and play them on the bass. And if theres fills just try to find them on the scale of the chord or w/e. thats what i do and its pretty accurate. :music:

I agree, it is not too hard to improvise a bass line. What I'm trying to do is get my 14 year old son into my uke jam sessions, and I think to do that, I'll need to have tabs laid out for him that he can practice in advance. He's had some success with pop music that tabs are readily available for. But I haven't been able to find any Hawaiian stuff for him to practice.

Top Bottom