From the windy city!

ryry777

Reaction score
Hey there everyone,
I just joined UU recently and just got around to editing my profile and learning how to use the forums. My name's Ryan, I'm 18 years old and I live in the Chicago-land area. I just purchased and started playing the ukulele in June. I ended up buying a Fender Hau'oli Tenor uke and I love the way it sounds. I have a little bit of musical background, I've been playing the alto sax for around 8 years now through school bands. But ukulele I've decided to figure out on my own. I'm really having fun with it, all the lessons are a lot of help so thank you for those who post them. I hope to get involved in some contests and hopefully compose my own ukulele song eventually. If you're bored feel free to hit me up I am always up for making new friends.

Ryan :D

Ryan! I'm 18 and also from Chicago. Do you go to school around here at all? Welcome to UU. You should try to make it out to a Chicago Jam! I've only been to one, but it's incredibly fun!

I go to school at Joliet Junior College right now, saving up some money. But after next year I'm probably going to transfer to either ISU or NIU, not 100% sure yet.
And what/when is Chicago Jam?

g'day Ryan

and warm welcomes to you from Australia mate.

You've come to the right place, heaps of wise heads around here full of advice and encouraging words.

Lots of fun too as we all learn together.

Have a ball with the forums mate and enjoy your new Fender Tenor.

see you on the trail. eugene

I went to my first Chicago jam earlier this month. Nice bunch of folks. A group of us went out to eat afterward and then hit the Jake concert.

Unfortunately for you and I, the jams are on the North Side... :-/

There's also a guy around here who has a jam in Normal, I believe. In case you decide to go to ISU next year.

Welcome to the forum Ry, congratulations on the switch to the uke. I look forward to seeing you around the place.
DAP, Oakand ca

Welcome to UU from a fellow Chicagoland guy (live in western suburbs). I'm MUCH older than 18!! I know that you will benefit greatly from this forum, as I have. Enjoy, dude!

That Chicago Jam looks cool, I'll have to try getting down to one of the ones within the upcoming months, thanks for the heads up :].

I've been checking out all Aldrine's lessons and they've been a lot of help with both my technique and learning chords. This site just seems to be a gold mine when it comes to playing the ukulele. Plus you have an atmosphere with little to no hostility. I just want to thank all you guys for the help and support. It's people like you that make playing the uke all the more enjoyable and possible. I like that when you decide to begin playing the ukulele it's like deciding to become part of a family, Haha. Anyway it means a lot to me!

Thanks again!!!
Ryan

Top Bottom