Good Songs for Learning

You have certainly come up with some cracking gems there Ricdoug.:music:

Considering i don't know amost all the songs in all these books that were posted. Anyone know any good play along sites? I only know of 2 the Sheep site has about 50 songs on it and doctoruke.com has about 200 on it. Anyone know of any other sites?

Yeah, Ricdoug! You da man!!!

www.letsplayukulele.com

This has a singalong option though it can be frustrating at times, it has loads of songs in various states of playability, on the whole you can generally find something useful.

Good hunting

very cool

those links are great!! many thanks....there's also the tropicalstormhawaii.com site, but i'm pretty sure everyone knows that one.

Good songs continued...

Does anyone have the pdf file of the Beatles songbook from the Celtic Guitar site? It's no longer there...

Thanks,

Paul

I've found "Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan to be a great song for learning to strum, sing, and change chords at the same time. 4 chords, easy, good song to get used to strumming along with.

P.S. And with this post, I shed my "junior" and become a straight-up Member! Yay for me!

I really had fun with this site here:

http://www.doctoruke.com/beginners.html

Especially tiny bubbles! When you click on the chord diagram, a wav file automatically opens and starts playing giving you some sort of guidance. I found that helpful, then I was able to try it myself.

if you're into mellow alt-rock, check out beirut and jack johnson. i've been playing ukulele for only a few months now and some of the first songs i learned were jack's "flake" and beirut's "postcards from italy."

Top Bottom