Favorite Guitarists? :D

Doc Watson 'cause he deserves more than two hits on a list like this.

Tim Ellis from Portland, Oregon

I do not think anyone has mentioned Blind Blake. Arthur "Blind" Blake was in a class by himself playing ragtime guitar in the late 1920's and early 1930's. I also love Big Bill Broonzy and Blind Willie McTell. Doc Watson was amazing. These guitarists are not just guitarists but great artists and excellent singers and that means a lot!

IMHO, Tommy Emmanuel, CGP. As many of you know, the 'cgp' monicker refers to 'certified guitar player' and was bestowed on Tommy and 4 others by the late, great Chet Atkins himself who is Tommy's idol. If it's good enough for Chet Atkins, it's good enough for me. I've seen Tommy in concert several times, met him at a 'meet & greet' and attended a workshop given by Tommy with about 30 other lucky souls. He's a gentleman, a consumate entertainer and above all a real 'certified guitar player'. Check out hundreds of great videos on youtube.

Just my opinion, YMMV 🎸

Joe

Chet Atkins, so smooth and polished. Pat Metheny, one of the most amazing concerts I have ever attended. Singer/songwriter, Michael Johnson (Bluer Than Blue) , a very accomplished guitarist. Joe Pass, saw him in 79 in Boston with Ella Fitzgerald, the most amazing night of music I have ever heard. Tony Rice!!!

Top Bottom