Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koaloha Super Concert 4 Sale! Plus Video

Default Koaloha Super Concert 4 Sale! Plus Video

Hey Ukulele Undeground,
    I'm selling a Koaloha Super Concert (concert body with a tenor neck) I posted it on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/Koaloha-Super-Co...QQcmdZViewItem
    And I made a youtube vid featuring this uke at http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftMJpS3bd20
    Thanks for reading and listening!

J

Lennox head, 10 minutes south of byron bay

you play that song really well hey. congrats on learning that....

how long did it take you??

Couple of weeks maybe? I play a really dumbed down version :P.

Lennox head, 10 minutes south of byron bay

so what is your ukulele tuned into to get that sound???

few weeks wow ill give my self a few years.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by facemeltingukulele View Post
    Hey Ukulele Undeground,
    I'm selling a Koaloha Super Concert (concert body with a tenor neck) I posted it on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/Koaloha-Super-Co...QQcmdZViewItem
    And I made a youtube vid featuring this uke at http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftMJpS3bd20
    Thanks for reading and listening!

J
    Wow...nice work! I have that uke....I love it. Why the extra length of string at the tuners? I have seen that before..why do people do that??

Quote Originally Posted by UKESTAR View Post
    Wow...nice work! I have that uke....I love it. Why the extra length of string at the tuners? I have seen that before..why do people do that??
    the reason i do it, is because im always experimenting with my strings. so if i were to cut it down, it might be too short for use with future projects... like transferring them over to my baritone uke.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    the reason i do it, is because im always experimenting with my strings. so if i were to cut it down, it might be too short for use with future projects... like transferring them over to my baritone uke.
    Because none of my friends play the uke, this site is very helpful. Thanks for that info nuker... I had no idea that you can re-use the strings. I just thought that the strings would develop a crimp or wind in them from the tuners rendering them useless for transfer to other ukes?? The excess sting would be after the crimp, so you can't really cut out the crimp.....

Because none of my friends play the uke, this site is very helpful. Thanks for that info nuker... I had no idea that you can re-use the strings. I just thought that the strings would develop a crimp or wind in them from the tuners rendering them useless for transfer to other ukes?? The excess sting would be after the crimp, so you can't really cut out the crimp.....
    generally, you dont want to reuse strings like that. but my baritone is my experimental uke. so no strings are too cheap (hell, ive used fishing line to string it up before). those kinks can easily turn into nicks and all sorts of things. but hey if they stay together and hold their tune after stretching and dont sound like garbage when you reuse them, then who cares?

i have bundles of extra strings lying around... i keep them because in the case that i just snap a string on one of my instruments, i would opt to replace it with one of those, instead of ripping open a new pack just because of one string.

Cool

(hell, ive used fishing line to string it up before)

Haha....any luck? Sounds like something I would try to do...ha.

(hell, ive used fishing line to string it up before)

Haha....any luck? Sounds like something I would try to do...ha.
    i used to have a video up on youtube that showed my baritone strung up with fishing line at first... then changed to aquilas. for comparison. i think it made a world of difference. the fishing line was just too twangy... but then again, the thickest i had was 30lb test, which isnt that thick for use as a guitar string. if i had some 40, 50, and 60# test line, then i think it would have sounded better.

but... if you know some hard core offshore fishermen, ask them if they have any "fluorocarbon leader material" in 40, 50, and 60# strengths. and get two yds of 40, one yd of 50, and one yd of 60.

worth strings are made of the same stuff. and im sure those guys wouldnt mind handing over a couple yards. ive asked around, however, on the local fishing boards, and none of the guys i know hold on to stuff in those strengths. if you get some and try it out. let us know how they sound!

Thread Information