Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uke Leash - my review

Default Uke Leash - my review

Lori kindly asked me to test and review her Uke Leash product - result - I think its genius!

Review can be read here - http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/2010...sh-review.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

It sure does look like a great product. Thanks for posting the review.
    Beeru Onegashimasu.
    Little ukes, Bigger ukes, Big ukes
    Stupid looking Hat
    Sunglasses and Sandles

As I say - it just works - very simple but genius design

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Nice review, thanks.
    If and when I want a uke strap, this will be the option #1A.
    cletus

Great Review Paul! I wholeheartedly agree with you... I have made a habit out of disconnecting the uke anytime I put it down, so I never have that oops! However, it's benefit is that it wont just fall to the floor if you let go...
    I have found it great to steady the neck while change chords especially when they move further down the neck.

the chord changing is SOOOO much easier!

Great review. All you did was use the product as directed and report. Too many reviews go about rethinking the idea altogether.

I hook my Uke Leash to my belt, just above my back left pocket.

BTW, the One Step Beyond and Close To Me covers linked on your site are great fun.
    Harold O.

www.HOPublishing.com
    www.WestHillsWood.com
    Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.

I never thought I needed a strap. Until I tried Lori's product. It really does work! I'm not the world's best player, but as Paul said it makes complex chord changes so much easier. Our uke club will be playing in a Christmas parade soon and it'll come in real handy then. It's especially good for glossy finishes. It's one of those things you need to try to believe how well it works.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Default Uke Leash Strap?

We've always thought a strap was a good idea. Mandolin straps work very nicely. We include a single turned wooden strap button at the bottom on all our ukes. I think the strap configuration that gives the best balance on a uke is with a button at the bottom and a tie on to the headstock.

This looks like a great product - I love to see a slick innovation. Still, I would prefer a full support strap - maybe because I'm used to the hands free aspect. One of Lori's innovations, however, would be a great modification to the full strap. That is the quick release on the headstock.

With a full strap, slipping the slit in the end over your button is a quick operation. It is tying on to the headstock that takes some time. If you have a lot of ukes, you end up buying a strap for each, and leaving it on permanently. When you're not actually playing, the straps flop around and get in the way.

I would love to have one strap and leave nothing more than the headstock tie-on attached to each uke. Have you ever thought of making one of those, Lori? I'll be the first in line if you ever offer one.

p.s: great review, paul!
    Last edited by southcoastukes; 11-28-2010 at 08:11 AM.
    Dirk Wormhoudt

email: sales@southcoastukes.com

Quote Originally Posted by southcoastukes View Post

I would love to have one strap and leave nothing more than the headstock tie-on attached to each uke. Have you ever thought of making one of those, Lori? I'll be the first in line if you ever offer one.
    That is already one of the features of the Uke Leash. There is a quick-release clip near the headstock. You can disconnect one instrument and clip on another in a matter of seconds, leaving the main strap in place. All you need do is purchase the headstock portion of the strap (sold separately I suppose) for as many ukes as you have. Go ahead, post an order via ukeleash.com!
    Last edited by Harold O.; 11-28-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Harold O.

www.HOPublishing.com
    www.WestHillsWood.com
    Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.

Thread Information