夜明け - ukulele improvisation

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Another improvisation. This one has a Japanese flavour.

I was also testing out my new Flip Ultra for the video. I recorded the audio on a Zoom H4n. I am pretty pleased with the quality of the Flip.

The uke I am using is an Ohana TK-35CG, which I think is just about perfect for this kind of music where the sound needs to be clear.

夜明け (Dawn)

Beautiful Ken, very relaxing tune. As always perfectly played. Excellent quality video, nice use of light (sitting next to the window for a perfect silhouette). Supherb sound quality. Do you record on the Zoom and add effects later, or does the Zoom do that? I guess I'm curious about how you put your vids together, you mentioned Zoom and Flip. What software do you use and how much work is involved in your final edit. I'm new at the video production and I like your video style. Yes, and that uke sounds beautful in your hands.
DAP

Last edited:
Beautiful Ken, very relaxing tune. As always perfectly played. Excellent quality video, nice use of light (sitting next to the window for a perfect silhouette). Supherb sound quality. Do you record on the Zoom and add effects later, or does the Zoom do that? I guess I'm curious about how you put your vids together, you mentioned Zoom and Flip. What software do you use and how much work is involved in your final edit. I'm new at the video production and I like your video style. Yes, and that uke sounds beautful in your hands.
DAP

Thanks very much.

I do as little work as possible on the video. I record the video and the audio at the same time. I use the zoom either as a stand-alone or via usb, depending how close I am to the computer. I never add effects on the Zoom. I use Audacity adn all I normally do is add reverb and normalise. I sometimes cut the peeks down a bit. I make an MP3 (doesn't fill up my hard drive too quickly).

I import audio and video into Windows Movie Maker, trim both ends of the video, jog the two part into sync manually. I add a title and fade in and fade out. I decide whether I want it in B&W or colour. I export it and upload. I keep it simple.

Thanks very much.

I do as little work as possible on the video. I record the video and the audio at the same time. I use the zoom either as a stand-alone or via usb, depending how close I am to the computer. I never add effects on the Zoom. I use Audacity adn all I normally do is add reverb and normalise. I sometimes cut the peeks down a bit. I make an MP3 (doesn't fill up my hard drive too quickly).

I import audio and video into Windows Movie Maker, trim both ends of the video, jog the two part into sync manually. I add a title and fade in and fade out. I decide whether I want it in B&W or colour. I export it and upload. I keep it simple.
Awesome Ken, that's what I was looking for, thank you.
DAP

Great Video! I live in Japan and I can say you got the vibe down.

Top Bottom