DaSilva Ukulele

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but this is a pretty nice uke.

141-SCF-1024.jpg

No, it's an amazing one. It might just be what I've been looking for too. I need (want) a not so common uke, well if ukes are common anyway lol. It also comes with a nice case. Has anyone had experience with these guys? Because if I get this thing it's probably going to be the only thing I get until Christmas. But, I want it so bad. =) Why must I be so indecisive? My dad told me he is a going to get me a nice one, but I just don't know what to choose, all I do know is I want it to be nice, considering my dad will never do this again :p

Last edited:
Man, now I want the Soprano even more. It's going to take me at least until September though.

not that i can really give a decent or detailed review, but i was able to play that carbon fiber soprano at dasilva's shop a few months back. (the same night some dreadheaded ninja shanghai'd me into forum). the soprano sounded really nice to me and had surprisingly ample volume. you can't beat that unique look either. it's purty. that's about all i can tell you though. it was a while ago and my brain is shot from years of watching american idol.

by the way, your dad is very cool to buy you a nice uke! you must have been very good this year.:nana:

Mike DaSilva is a very cool guy and his instruments are beautiful! The attention to detail is amazing.

I haven't tried this particular one, but I've had an opportunity to play several of his ukes. They all have excellent projection and playablity, and clarity WITH nice round tones.

One thing I have found is that Mike prefers high string tension for his ukes, so if you are a hard player, or like the additional clarity and sustain you can get from this kind of setup, you'll especially like Mike's instruments.

i was able to play that carbon fiber soprano at dasilva's shop a few months back. (the same night some dreadheaded ninja shanghai'd me into forum).

HEYYYY WHERE ARE YOU GETTING AT!?!!!

now you get lots of cool stuff off this forum, if i didnt tell you that night, you would still be single strumming instead of double strumming :p

back to the ukulele; its so loud with out an amp, and its as light as a cell phone.

once i get more money, mike said he will help me make one.

Call me crazy, but this is a pretty nice uke.
....Has anyone had experience with these guys? ...

"These guys" are just Mike DaSilva. I don't know if I've played that particular uke, but I've played a few of his carbon fiber top ukes, and several others. He builds ukes to the highest possible standards. He hosts a uke club twice a month and lends his ukes to beginners and boneheads like me how forget thier own, so he gives back to the community.

The CF tops are really thin and they project like crazy. It's a great marriage of technology and craftsmanship. The $1200 seems like a lot until you realize that they are entirely hand made by Mike and he makes his living doing this. Take out some money for materials, utilities, rent, equipment, then divide the remainder by a reasonable number of hours to make a uke, (30-50) and you'll see that these are very good deals. I wish I had the money for one!

I played the concert carbon fiber this past Friday it played fantastic. brook Adams had it at are last club meeting. It was loaned to him at the Portland uke fest by mike.Brook said he changed the strings after he got it . The sound was really bright

Top Bottom