I want a brand new ukulele - original

MikeTodd

Reaction score
Hello there - a seasonal tale of rampant materialism that many of us can relate to. I wrote this song earlier in the year but was prompted to re-do it for the Stockton to Darlington Ukulele Express ladies and gents as we may be trying it as a group in the new year. Fits in with the mood of late December when we what we want and what we get very rarely coincides. Humbug.

Cheers
Mike

That was great! I have something similar rolling in my head.. well I have chord progression and words but I have no idea how to make a song out of them :) maybe next year...
Good job, Mike

Aloha Mike,
Nice job!! i enjoyed it very much!!! thanks for sharing!! Happy Holidays!!! MM Stan..

I really like it! Great singing, playing and very well written. Thanks for sharing oh and "me too" :)
DAP

I can so relate to the sentiment in this song! Well done!

Very nicely done! I will say, though, that if you have any nasty old used Kamaka or Martin ukes come your way you can pass 'em on to me since they're not "brand new." LOL

John

I am sooo covering this song....Sorry in advance for the butcherin that is about to happen....lol

Love it dude....Keep on Ukein!

Thanks for all the nice comments, very kind. And Mr S Maximus, I would love to hear a cover version - let me know if you do it.

Mike

Top Bottom