Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inexpensive Video Editing Software

Quote Originally Posted by Ukuleleblues View Post
    I am looking for some inexpensive video editing software that is a bit better than Windows movie maker and will accept Flip (non-HD) video files without convering them. I want to edit video, add sync sound from a field recorder (zoom H2) and them save the completed movie in a format YouTube wil accept. What is everyone using for that?
    I can do all that on Windows MM.
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

Quote Originally Posted by UKISOCIETY View Post
    I can do all that on Windows MM.
    The big difference is with MM you have to convert your mov and Mp4 files to a compatible format first before you import them. Takes too long and and fills up drive space with a lot of redundant junk. The main thing I wanted to accomplish was use my native MP4 (flip) and Mov recordings in a editor. If MM would do that I would not be looking. It's too bad as MM worked fine otherwise.

Hi Nwdglo111,

The thread you commented on is 10 years old. You're not alone, I've done that as well—more than once.

As you can imagine, software has changed a lot in ten years. I use a Mac.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

I do all of my video editing on my iPad on an amazing app called Luma Fusion. I think it is $30 or so now...but I do all of the ukulele play alongs with it, as well as all the other material I create. It works extremely well and makes great use out of a touch interface for editing videos.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Oops.... missed the “age” of original post . Maybe others will benefit .... -> Look into DaVinci Resolve v16... probably the most robust video editor available for free. Look for YouTube channel of Casey Farris for his tutorials.... beginner to pro.
    Last edited by Web_Parrot; 12-28-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-S ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: KoAloha Silver Anniversary KCM-00 #060 ::: Antica Ukuleleria Concert Libero ::: Pono TE-MD-R

Thread Information