Should receive my Mainland Honeybee tomorrow :D

byjimini

Reaction score
I was looking to get a pickup installed in my Mainland after Christmas, as a run of gigs has taught me that it's awfully restrictive to have to play to a mic when you're used to wandering about the stage during acoustic performances.

So a weird combination of the subject being brought up, me just being paid and someone in Swansea listing theirs on eBay all collaborated on Thursday evening - it was a full moon, after all.

Then come Friday morning, 10 inches of snow dropped out of the sky over south Wales, and what would normally be next-day delivery was suddenly delayed until Monday, which is a bugger since I had 2 gigs booked for the weekend.

But still, I'll be peering out of the window every 5 seconds tomorrow looking out for Parcel Force and my new uke. :) Can't wait to plug it in and roam around a bit.

awesome!!! great choice of uke. the honeybees have such a full, sweet and punchy sound. happy roamin' byjimini!!! :)

Aloha Byjimini,
Congrats onthe mainland Honeybee....I hope you got a good price on it...they're getting rare eh...Have fun and enjoy!! Happy strummings and Happy Holidays..MM Stan...

I saw Mike had one for sale in the US, and it did finish about half the price that I bought mine for; however, experience tells me that shipping and customs would easily eat that up, and then there's the time waiting for it to arrive, especially over Christmas.

Are you the one that got the Honeybee that was on uu marketplace a while back? Congrats. I wanted it but you were too quick for me. You must have bitten all of your nails beck waiting.

Roxhum

It's here! :D

e4a87c51.png

It looks and feels dainty and fragile, yet has this full and powerful, yet assured sound when playing... and then you plug it in... :D :D

Are you the one that got the Honeybee that was on uu marketplace a while back? Congrats. I wanted it but you were too quick for me. You must have bitten all of your nails beck waiting.

Roxhum

Not me I'm afraid, I ordered mine from eBay last Thursday.

I saw that about 20 mins after it was listed and looked back shortly afterwards (after looking up 'honeybee') to see it gone..! Well done.

Top Bottom