Delivery Delays

ukejoelele

Reaction score
Hi, Sorry for the boring topic! So I've got a ukulele on its way from MgM to me (UK) using usps delivery.. I had an e-mail from them giving a guaranteed delivery date of the 29th Dec (today) but it did not arrive.. Has anyone else experienced delays? I heard the weather has been quite bad on the east coast of america, dont know if its stuck there? anyway I tried their website but e-mailing them seems only available to US citizens! Phoning would cost a fortune! Anyway I'm just looking for reassurance really.. Are the guaranteed delivery dates usually dependable? Only that its being delivered to my sis as im away till next week (killing me thinking it will be at home waiting for me!) and she is kindly staying at home till it arrives..

I know what you mean..

USPS Website said:
Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, December 22, 2010, 1:30 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 21, 2010
Processed through Sort Facility, December 21, 2010, 7:57 pm, ALBANY, NY 12288
Acceptance, December 21, 2010, 4:06 pm, SHEFFIELD, MA 01257

6-10 average business days delivery on this particular class of international shipping, I count only 4 (maybe 5, international date line and all that) business days so far, and all I know is that it's somewhere between New York and here :(

Last edited:
It is so hard waiting. My personal experience is they are right on the money. I am amazed really at how quickly things get from one place to another. I don't know what time it is where you are but I have had UPS deliveries as late as 8 p.m. In fact I was impressed with my 8 p.m. delivery, yes it was a new uke, and the delivery guy told me it had been put on the wrong truck and they still got it to me on the delivery date.

Roxhum

:agree: Sometimes they deliver after 8pm, so maybe it will show up late. That was for UPS. I see you have USPS... I thought the fastest they could do was 6 working days.. I guess if you counted the 22nd as day 1, the 29th could be day 6. If it is guaranteed delivery, does somebody get their money back if it didn't make it on time?

–Lori

Last edited:
I wouldn't start sweating it yet. The only really accurate forecasts for USPS delivery are for overnight and express stuff. Even priority sometimes (though not often) misses its deadline.

However, with this being an international shipment my guess would be that either the EU or the UK customs is holding it up - possibly because of the increased traffic and decreased employee availability through the holidays - not much the shipping company, or merchant, can do about that.

John

There is no such thing as a guarntee date for delivery usps international They guarantee it reaches your country in that date usually and typically customs can do what they please with the ityem and hold id up for days at a time. This is a guaranteed delivery expresst but do you really want to to pay 118.00 shipping for the uke instead of about 56.00

And as a added note ebay post those delivery times and they can't be edited when you purchase It does not reflect the reality of shipping...we just do our best to setup and ship as fast as possible....but then again I could forget setup and then just rush everything out lol

other shipping tips usps priority domestic does not track ebay says 3 to 5 days but that is not a guarantee and an estimate priority means it should get there in 3 to 5 days with all the airport cosures and delayed flights expect longer times...
also ebay says express usps is overnight that ids true only westbound eastbound from Hawaii express is 2 days due to backwards time zones in shipping
now if only i could make my fingers type the right letters lol i hate to edit

Last edited:
Ah ha. Lol yea I am impatient.. even though I cant play it yet im eager to see pics sent from my sis! Thanks MgM et al, I didnt realise that the guarantee is to get it to the UK, not the delivery address.. as you say its most likely our customs/royal mail thats holding things up! I was impressed that it could get here so quick anyway.. I cant fault you MgM for your end of the deal, you were super quick processing it, thanks :) I'll hold out and try to cool my impatience.. alas its not till next thurs that I can play it anyway :( thats years for me! Looking forward to be able to pine over the pics tho :drool: little things please little minds!

I know what you mean..

6-10 average business days delivery on this particular class of international shipping, I count only 4 (maybe 5, international date line and all that) business days so far, and all I know is that it's somewhere between New York and here :(

Hopefully it shouldnt be too long for you either then, i'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! What are uke are you getting?

Hopefully it shouldnt be too long for you either then, i'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! What are uke are you getting?

Sweet Jebus I spoke too soon! I just checked for the umpteenth time today and the records have finally been updated:

USPS Website said:
Arrived Abroad, December 30, 2010, 8:56 am, NEW ZEALAND

(note: It's 3.36pm, 30th Dec in NZ at the time of writing, we're in the future relative to the rest of you ;) )

Sweet, so chances are it arrived in Auckland. If customs leave it be, it could be here within the next couple of hours (1hr flight to Wellington + a few hours to make its way through the courier system + it's being delivered to my workplace - a hospital - so however long it takes to get through our internal post system), but realistically tomorrow would be the soonest. Sometime next week at the latest.

It's this ukulele, sent via the Magic Fluke Co for tuner upgrades :)

Last edited:
Wow my finger crossing powers must be strong! Thats a pretty uke, good price too! congrats :) i like the look of those fleas been thinking about one myself.. so many ukes too little cash! just checked my time and if your the future im well late in the past! 2:55am jeez time goes quick on here thank goodness its xmas break from work! hope it arrives soon for ya mate. bed time now i thinks!

I wonder if there is a bit of a hangup though. A customer of mine in the UK still did not get their uke. It is going on the 8th business day. I think with the holidays that knocks off a few business days. USPS tracking is no fun, but you cant beat the price!

I wonder if there is a bit of a hangup though. A customer of mine in the UK still did not get their uke. It is going on the 8th business day. I think with the holidays that knocks off a few business days. USPS tracking is no fun, but you cant beat the price!

JFK is a huge hub of shipping to Europe. And JFK was brought to it's knees by this blizzard. Ground trans all the way up the east coast from the south has been a mess because of snow. I think we all got snake bit by mother nature.

International shipping delay .....the customs delay ,If that that isn't enough, then the taxes and fees....be ready to dish out more cash...sheesh....

JFK is a huge hub of shipping to Europe. And JFK was brought to it's knees by this blizzard. Ground trans all the way up the east coast from the south has been a mess because of snow. I think we all got snake bit by mother nature.

Maybe I was fortunate enough to just miss the blizzard, but JFK to any hub in Europe should still be much, much faster than NY to NZ... In this day and age it should be practically overnight at average...

and voila! It has just arrived to my desk at work :)

Cheers for the finger crossing ukejoelele, I'll try and return the favour :D

And the weather in the UK hasn't helped either. I had two shipments sent from the UK at the 1st of December. They got here December 23rd. It usually takes a week tops.

My newly arrived Mainland took 7 days from the UK to here. My husband's pipe only took 3. A package of Worths from Southern Ukulele Store took 7 as well.

So when you figure in the delays at JFK and the delays in the UK, plus customs, plus holiday season, it could take a tad bit extra time.

and voila! It has just arrived to my desk at work :)

Cheers for the finger crossing ukejoelele, I'll try and return the favour :D

Nice one! :D That was quick.. even if i posted the only letter the uk had to handle in perfect conditions it would take days! Enjoy it (im sure u will!) Hope you didnt spend too much time at work playing it lol

Top Bottom