FS: Unique concert Flea with sinker redwood top, MiSi Pickup, and custom case.

cpatch

Reaction score
Up for sale is a one-of-a-kind custom concert Flea that combines old and new with a gorgeous sinker redwood top, walnut neck, rosewood fretboard, bubinga bridge, and MiSi Accoustic Trio (battery-free, capacitor-powered) pickup. It comes with a custom Gator hardshell case.

attachment.php

In case you're not familiar with it, sinker redwood is old-growth redwood that was logged over a hundred years ago, sunk to the bottom of the river as it was being floated to the mill, and was recovered recently. The old-growth trees were thousands of years old. I purchased the original piece of wood off a dealer on eBay and had it custom milled by Mike DaSilva (DaSilva Ukulele Co.) to Flea Market Music's specifications. I then worked directly with Dale at Flea Market on the specifications and the result was this beautiful custom concert with the first (and possibly only) MiSi Acoustic Trio pickup installed by FMM. (I asked that they not install a volume control because I didn't like the way it affected the look of the uke, so you may want to use an external DI box with it.)

This uke is literally in brand new condition...it's only been played lightly a few times. The only reason I'm selling it is because I can no longer afford to keep instruments I'm not playing.

I originally paid around $700 for the uke, including the wood, the milling, the uke itself, and the case. I'm asking $550 with free shipping anywhere in the U.S. There are a few more photos on my profile page. If you'd like a different shot just let me know.

Craig

P.S. I give all my ukes Hawaiian names. This one's Nahele, which means forest.

Last edited:
That looks really nice. Any sound samples?
Hi Lori, unfortunately I didn't get any sound samples when I was set up to do so and I'm not in a position to do so now. The MiSi is very clean albeit a bit thin, but nothing that an external DI won't take care of. Acoustically it sounds great.

Craig

Last edited:
For those unfamiliar with the MiSi Acoustic Trio, you can read a review here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...7027-Mi-Si-Acoustic-Trio-Pick-up-quick-review...

Or go straight to the source at:

http://mi-si.com

Basically it's an L.R. Baggs Element undersaddle acoustic pickup with an active, battery-free preamp that is custom-designed to work with the Element for natural sound. The preamp is powered by a large capacitor that you charge for 60 seconds using an AC adapter that plugs into the endpin jack and gives you 16 hours playing time per charge. Retail price on the Acoustic Trio alone is around $110.

Craig

Last price drop (to $550 shipped) before it goes to eBay.

Craig

Top Bottom